- For the card front: Trace the patterns for the hat (in the free download). Cut the hat crown from black striped paper and the brim from orange stripe. Cut the headband from the plaid border section and the buckle from lime. Glue each piece to black cardstock, then cut around it, leaving a narrow black mat on all the edges.
- Cover the card front with orange textured paper. “Build” the hat on the card front, gluing the top and brim in place first. Add the hatband and buckle. Keep the card closed and cut around the right side and the bottom of the hat, cutting through all the layers.
- Print out “trick or treat” in black on the orange textured paper. Mat it on black. Add the two ghost brads and glue the sentiment tucked under the buckle as shown.
- For the inside: Cut a 5” tall, 3” wide piece of the spooky border and glue it along the left edge of the inside back. Trim the bottom and top edges to match the card shape.
- Print out “Have a spook-tacular Halloween!” in black on white. Trim it, then mat it on lime. Add the bat brad as shown, then glue the sentiment in place. Attach the other bat brad to the card.