- Trace and cut all the patterns for the card (from the free download).
- For the card front: Cover the card front with the teal dots border paper, but avoid using the border area. Place the box pattern on the front, aligning the left edge with the fold and lightly trace around it. With the card closed, cut around the three sides of the box. Ink the edges.
- Cut a 5”x1 ½” piece of white cardstock and cover it with lime dots paper. Trace and cut the lid from this piece, then ink the edges. Add a narrow strip of foam tape along the lower back edge of the lid. Position the lid on the upper front edge of the card as shown and adhere.
- Cut the ribbon, bow, and knot from the striped paper, positioning the stripes as shown. Ink all the edges. Glue each piece to teal cardstock and cut them out, leaving a narrow mat edge. Add foam tape to the lower 3 ½” of the ribbon and adhere it vertically over the box and lid. Glue the bow near the upper edge of the lid, centered over the ribbon.
- Cut out the “fun” tag, ink the edges, and punch a hole through the eyelet art. Insert the ribbon and tie a half-knot near the tag. Knot the ribbon ends. Add a piece of foam tape to the lower area of the tag and adhere it as shown. Place the ribbon ends across the bow. Add foam tape to the back of the knot. Adhere the knot over the satin ribbon, allowing the ribbon ends to extend above it.
- For the inside: Cut the border to fit across the inside of the card, cutting it through the center to allow for the fold. Ink the edges. Cut out the letters for “happy birthday 2 U” and glue them across the border, positioning them as shown. Add mini brads to the letters.
- Glue the border pieces to the card inside. Add a 1/8” wide strip of teal cardstock along the upper edge of each piece. Cut out the “happy” ribbon art and add a yellow brad at each end. Glue it across the border above “birthday” as shown.