- To make the pocket: Open the card and cut it to 10”x5”. With it lying horizontally in front of you, score it 1½” from the left end and 4” from the right end. Fold both ends inward, then turn the pocket so the short flap is at the top.
- Cut a 5”x4” piece of red border paper and glue it onto the lower area of the pocket front. Glue the side edges of the pocket closed, leaving the center area open. Secure each side with three mini brads as shown.
- Cut a 5”x1 3/8” piece of yellow circle dots paper. Cut a 5”x½” strip of denim paper and glue it to extend 1/8” below one long edge of the yellow piece. Glue the finished piece to the top flap front. Secure a star die cut to the flap with a brad, extending below the edge as shown. Attach a spiral brad on each side.
- Lift the flap. Cut a 5”x1 3/8” piece of denim paper and glue it to cover the underside of the flap. Glue the “make a wish” die cut in place. Add a brad to each side of the “happy” die cut. Adhere foam tape to the back, covering just the lower 2 ¼” area. With the flap closed, position the “happy” die cut so the top edge overlaps the star by 1/8” and secure in place.
- Cover the pocket back with red to conceal the brad prongs. Add the recipient’s name to this surface.
- For the card: Cut a 3 ½”x4” piece of cardstock. Cut a piece of red to cover it, but don’t glue it down yet. Cut a 3 ¼”x3 ¾” piece of yellow circles paper and glue it centered on the red piece.
- Glue the “birthday” die cut centered on the yellow. Attach a candle brad at the center top, extending above the upper edge (it will be the “handle” to pull the card from the pocket). Glue the constructed card front to the cardstock piece. Write your personal message on the back and slip it inside the pocket. Glue the constructed piece onto the cardstock piece.