- With the card opened flat and lying horizontally, measure 1½” from the left end and score it. Now measure 4” from the right end and score it again. Fold in at the two scored places. Turn the card with the short flap at the top. Cut the card to 5” wide, making it 4 ½”x5”.
- For the upper flap: Cut a ½”x5” strip of teal texture. Cut a 1 3/8”x5” piece of teal plaid. Glue the texture behind the plaid, to extend 1/8” below the bottom edge.
- Cut a ½” and a 1 ¼” flower from the felt ribbon. Use purple and fuchsia chalks to decorate both, heavily shading the center area and around the outer edges. Adhere them to the blue Brad Buddy flower as shown. Attach the stacked flowers to the top flap piece using a mini brad and the dragonfly. Glue the flap piece to the upper flap on the blank card.
- For the lower front: Cut a 5”x4” piece of the purple paper, avoiding the border. Ink the edges. Use the border punch to make a 5” long vines border in the teal textured paper. Cut it to 5/8” wide, then mat it on purple texture. Mat the upper edge with teal again, then ink the edges. Glue the border along the bottom edge of the purple piece.
- Cut out the blue tag, the “make a wish” word art, and the birthday cake. Cut “make a wish” apart and glue the words to the tag as shown. Add foam tape behind the birthday cake and attach it to the tag. Chalk a ½” wide felt flower and adhere it to the tag top. Fold the ribbon and glue it to the back of the tag. Use a mini brad to secure the tag to the purple piece, positioned to extend from under the blue flower. Glue the constructed piece to the lower front on the blank card.
- For the inside: Cut a piece of the purple border paper to 4 5/8”x4”. Ink the edges, then glue it centered on the inside back. Cut a 3 ½”x2 ½” piece of plaid paper and ink the edges. Cut out the “celebrate” art, ink the edges, and glue it to the center of this piece. Add mini brads to the banner art.
- Cut a ¾” and a 1” felt flower from the ribbon and chalk both. Use mini brads to secure them to the plaid piece, positioned as shown. Glue the plaid piece to the center of the border piece.
- Punch a 4” long teal vines border, trim it to ½” wide, and glue purple textured paper behind the vine area. Ink the edges then glue it vertically along the edge of the celebrate tag.