- For the card front: With the fold on the left side, open the blank card and cut 1” off the right front edge. Cut a piece of the green pinstripe from the green houndstooth border paper to fit the front, but don’t glue it yet.
- Cut a 1”x6 ½” piece of the darker green textured paper. Use the glue pad to stamp the damask pattern centered on this strip. Place the strip on a piece of scrap paper and sprinkle a heavy coating of flock over the stamped area. Pat the flocking in place, then set it aside to dry.
- Trace the Triangle Folder Tab onto the mesh area of the vine paper three times and cut out the tabs. Stamp the damask pattern in black across the fronts of two tabs. Glue the fronts only of these two tabs along the left side of the pinstripe piece, positioning them ¼” from the top and bottom edges, forming “hinges.” Add three brads to each as shown.
- Cut a 3 ¼”x2 ¼” piece of the plaid paper, ink the edges, then glue it centered along the right edge of the pinstripe piece. Cut a 4” long piece of the green houndstooth border, ink the edges and glue it vertically over the plaid as shown. Use the green ink to stamp the damask pattern across the front of the third folder tab. Fold it and attach it to the right edge of the pinstripe piece. Add three brads.
- Print “Happy Father’s Day,” “Dad,” and “Hope your day is terrific, Dad!” in black on the light green textured paper. Cut “Happy Father’s Day” to 2 ¾”x1 ½”, ink the edges, then stamp the damask pattern in green across it. Mat it on black, then add foam tape to the back. Adhere it to the card front, positioned as shown. Trim “Dad” to 1”x 5/8” and mat it on the green pinstripe. Ink the edges, then glue it to the folder tab along the side as shown.
- For the inside: Cover the inside back with plaid paper. Tap the excess flocking off the flocked piece. Ink the edges, then glue it along the right edge of the inside back so it shows when the card is closed.
- Cut a 4” piece of the green houndstooth border, ink the edges and glue it vertically on the plaid. Cut the “Hope your day…” sentiment to 2 ¾”x1 ¼”. Stamp the damask pattern in green across it and ink the edges in black. Mat the sentiment on black and add brads to the corners. Glue it to the inside back as shown.