- For the card front: Cut the card to 5” square and turn it with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with gold paper. Cut a 4 ¾” square of the green paisley paper and glue it centered onto the card front.
- Trace and cut the pocket pattern from the ivory/green/red mesh paper. Fold the piece in half along the center fold line with the paper design on the inside. Turn the piece on point, as for a diamond, and crease on the second fold line, bringing the upper point down to the bottom point. Make the last fold, wrapping the flap to the back of the pocket, but don’t glue the flap in place yet.
- Use the border system and vines punch on scrap paper to practice punching along two perpendicular sides of the paper. It’s a bit tricky, but by practicing, you can move the guides to help align the paper. Once you’re happy with the results, open the pocket and punch along the two upper edges of the diamond.
- Cut out the “Happy Christmas” word art and attach it to the pocket front edge using brads. Glue the pocket together, wrapping the flap to the back. Mat the pocket on red silk paper, then glue it centered on the card front. Cut a 5” length of scroll felt ribbon and carefully adhere it across the lower front of the card.
- For the tag: Cut out the “Holidays” tag art, the “merriment” word art, and the paper clip label. Use the knife to carefully cut around the ends of both paper clips on the label. Slip the tag under one and the word art under the other as shown and glue in place. Mat the label on red then on gold.
- For the inside: Cut a 3”x5” piece of green paisley paper and glue along the right side of the inside back. Print “Wishing you many” and “this Christmas and all year through” in green on the ivory cardstock, leaving a ¾” empty area between the first two lines. Cut it to 3”x2 ½” and mat it on red, then on gold. Cut out the “holiday blessings” word art and use brads to attach it in the empty area on the sentiment.
- Glue the sentiment to the inside back, ¼” from the fold. Cut a 5” length of the felt ribbon and adhere it along the right edge, extending slightly over the sentiment. Add red glitter glue dots around the red felt and let dry.
- When the inside is dry, close the card. Add red glitter glue dots to the scroll felt on the front and among the punched vines on the pocket. Let the glue dry. Tuck the tag inside the pocket.
Click to view large image