- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top. Cut a piece of the brown burlap paper to fit the card front, but don’t glue it yet. Cut a piece of blue/brown flowers to 4 ¾”x6 ¼” and glue it centered on the brown piece. Trace the cupcake pocket and liner patterns. Cut the cupcake from the pink/brown stripe and the liner from the multi-colored confetti paper.
- Fold the cupcake pocket on the fold lines, starting with Fold A, then folding B and finally C, making sure the paper pattern is on the outside. Don’t glue it yet. Tuck the liner inside the pocket, matching the top edges and glue in place. Use the scalloping scissors to trim the two upper edges as shown. Lightly ink the edges of the cupcake.
- Press your paintbrush onto the glue pad and brush the glue across the top of the cupcake liner. Sprinkle glitter on the glue, tap off the excess, and let it dry. Repeat to apply glitter to a pink flower brad. When the cupcake is dry, fold it and glue the flaps to secure it. Cut ?” wide strips of pink and brown burlap paper and glue them across the front of the pocket as shown. Mat the cupcake pocket on pink cardstock.
- Stamp the happy birthday border across a 5”x2 ½” piece of white paper repeatedly, staggering the placement of the stamp. Cut it to 4”x2 ¼”, ink the edges, and mat it on the blue confetti paper. Mat it again on brown. Glue it across the flowers piece, placing it ¾” from the bottom edge and aligning the right edges.
- Glue the cupcake pocket over the right end of the birthday piece. Attach the flower brad at the top of the cupcake. Glue this constructed piece to the blank card front.
- For the tags: Cut out both 2 ½” pink/brown tags and mat each on pink cardstock. Cut out the “recipe” art and mat it on pink burlap. Add a brown mini brad to the recipe art, then glue it angled on the striped tag. Stamp “it’s your day” on the confetti tag. Cut two 3” brown ribbon lengths and knot each in the center. Glue one to the top of each tag. Tuck one tag in each pocket on the cupcake.
- For the inside: Cut a 5”x3” piece of blue confetti paper and mat it on pink burlap. Cut out the squares tag. Write “Wishing you—” on the tag. Cut a 3” brown ribbon length and fold in half. Glue it to the tag, then glue the tag to the left end of the confetti piece. Add a pink brad over the ribbon.
- Cut out the word art and mat each on pink burlap. Attach them on the right end of the blue confetti piece with brads, angled as shown. Glue the constructed confetti piece to the center of the inside back.
Click to view large image