- To create the kimono shaped card: With the card open, cut ¾” off each end and 1” off the top to make it 8 ½”x5 ½”. Keeping the card open and lying horizontally in front of you, measure 2 1/8” from each end and score vertically. Fold the ends in to meet in the center, making a gatefold card.
- Measure 2” from the top along one side edge and mark this point. Use the knife to make a ¾” long cut through both layers of the card. Repeat on the other side, again measuring from the top edge. Open the card and push the right side fold in below the cut and press down to make a fold in the front and back, creating a “pleat” inside the card. Repeat on the left side, forming the Kimono shape when the card is closed.
- To make the “V”-shaped opening at the neck, trim the upper center front 1 ¼” down from the upper edge and 1” each way from the center.
- For the front: Cut two 2”x5 ½” pieces from the red floral paper. Trace around the card fronts onto these pieces and trim away the excess. Ink the edges, then glue the two pieces in place. Trace and cut a piece of the red floral paper to cover the outside back of the card. Ink the edges and glue in place. (The side pleats are left uncovered to avoid the bulkiness of too many layers.)
- Cut an 8 ½”x1” strip of black paper. Open the card and place it outside up. Glue this strip across the card, positioning it under the “arms.” Close the card. Adhere 1¼” lengths of the gold dotted border Dazzles along the upper and lower edges of the black strips on the front. Repeat to add 2 ¾” lengths along the upper and lower edges of the black strip on the card back. Cut two 1/8”x2” strips of black. Glue one along each side fold on the front, positioned at the ends of the “sleeves.”
- Cut a 6” length of the black loopy ¼” wide trim. Use the craft glue to attach the trim along the front edge on the left side. Trim the excess. Repeat along the front edge on the right side. Adhere the gold dotted border to the center of each piece of trim.
- Punch a 1 ½” tag from the green/red floral paper. Stamp “Just for you” in black on the tag. Ink the edges and mat the tag on black, then add the eyelet at the top. Cut an 18” length of the black and white sheer swirls ribbon. Glue the center of the ribbon to the center back of the 1” wide strip, making a belt. Turn the card over and thread the tag onto the left end of the ribbon.
- For the inside: Cut a 2 ¾”x5 ½” piece of the red floral paper and mat the sides with black. Glue it to the card inside center back. Print “thanks so much for everything you do” (or your own sentiment) in black on a piece of the green/red floral paper. Mat it on black, then glue it to the inside back, positioning it so it won’t show when the card is closed. Add the Dazzles flowers and butterflies around the sentiment. Close the card and tie the ribbon ends into a bow at the center front.