- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cut it to 4 ½”x6”. Cover the card front with tan textured paper. Cut a 4 ¼”x5 ¾” piece of checks paper. Cut a 4 3/8”x2 1/4” piece of paisley. Cut a 4 3/8”x¾” strip of the stripes. Glue the stripes behind the paisley piece to extend along the lower edge, then glue both pieces to the upper edge of the checks paper.
- Adhere the teal/brown tag sticker to brown cardstock and cut it out. Add the eyelet to the center top. Cut two 5” lengths of ribbon. Insert one end of each through the tag hole from the back to the front and knot them at the front. Glue the other ends across the paisley, securing the ends on the back. Glue the tag in position.
- Glue the constructed checks and paisley piece centered on the card front. Add foam tape to the back of the “birthday wishes” oval die cut and adhere it to the tag as shown.
- Paint the 1 ¼” grungeboard star, a 3/4” and a 1 3/8” arrow brown and let dry. Use paper towels to rub the light blue paint across the pieces, removing much of it to allow the brown to show. Let the pieces dry. Use foam tape to secure the star to the birthday tag as shown.
- Stamp the arrow, the 2, and the U onto tan textured paper. Trim it into a 1 ¼” square and mat it on brown. Add the star brad near the upper right corner, then glue the square to the card front at the lower right corner.
- For the inside: Cut a 4 ½”x1” piece of stripes and mat the upper and lower edges with brown. Glue it across the center of the inside back. Print out “Hope your day is terrific, from beginning to end!” in brown on ivory. Mat it on brown, then on checks, then on brown again, varying the mat widths as shown. Glue it centered on the stripes. Add the blue round brad to the longer arrow and a star brad to the shorter arrow. Glue both arrows as shown.