- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and trim it to 4 ½”x6 ½”. Cut a piece of rose to cover the front, but don’t glue it yet. Cut a piece of the brown/pink flowered paper to 4 ¼”x6 ¼” and glue it centered on the rose piece. Tack this piece to the front of the card so it can be easily removed later.
- Open the card and place it on the cutting mat. Draw a 2 ¼”x2” window, positioning it 1” from the upper edge. Use the knife and ruler to cut through all the layers, creating the window. Carefully remove the constructed front.
- Cut a 3/8”x12” strip of the brown/pink dots paper and mat it on rose. Cut it into four 3” lengths. Glue one each along the upper and lower edges of the window. Cut two more 3” lengths and glue one along each side of the window. Add a pink brad to three corners as shown.
- Use the applicator to add dark and light pink metallic chalks to the 2 ½” pink daisy. Repeat with brown metallic chalk on the 2” brown daisy. Let them dry. Stack the brown flower on the pink one, then a large pink button on the brown flower. Secure the stack with a brown embossed brad, inserting the prongs through the holes in the button and flattening them at the back of the pink flower. Glue this stack to the lower right corner of the window as shown.
- For the inside: Cut out the two birthday quotes. Add pink chalk along the edges, to the present, and over “birthday.” Mat each piece on brown paper, then on dots, and finally on rose solid paper. Position the “birthday” quote behind the window on the inside back and glue. Glue the second quote under the window on the inside front.