Designer Tip: Fill in outline stickers with glitter or beads for a fun look! I added stickers to a double sided adhesive sheet, then trimmed around the stickers and added glitter or beads. When using two colors of glitter, I placed the innies onto the adhesive before adding the first color of glitter—then removed the innies and added the second color.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with green textured paper. Cut a 6”x4 1/2" blue/green/orange striped paper and mat on black with 1/16” borders. Tie a knot in the center of a 4” length of lime ribbon and wrap the upper left corner of the paper, gluing the ends at the back to secure. Glue centered to the card front. Trim 1/4” from the bottom of a blue/ivory tag and glue centered on the card front, 3/8” from the top.
- Peel the protective paper from the top of the adhesive sheet and reserve for later. Remove the frog, turtle, three dragonflies, dinosaur, grass border, and balloons stickers from the sticker sheet and place each on the sticky side of the double-sided adhesive sheet. Cut evenly around each sticker.
- Add green seed beads for the frog’s eyes, then add green microbeads to cover the body. Tap off the excess and pour back into the container. Remove the backing from the frog and place centered near the bottom of the tag. Add the “innies” stickers to the turtle’s shell, then add emerald green glitter to the rest of the turtle. Tap off the excess and pour back into the container. Remove the innies from the turtle’s shell. Add light green chunky glitter to the shell. Remove the backing from the turtle and place on the left side of the card front overlapping the tag as shown.
- Add green microbeads to the grass border sticker. Remove the backing, then place across the card 1/8” from the bottom. Add sky blue glitter to the dragonflies. Remove the backing and add to the card front, with one angled on the tag and one on the left side.
- Add “Happy Birthday” word stickers to the tag above the frog as shown. Back the letter “B” in the “BOY” sticker with double-sided adhesive and trim away any excess. Remove the backing and add the sticker to the card front. Add sky blue glitter to the inside of the letter “B”. Cover the inside of the letter “O” with glue, then add a mix of blue and green seed beads to the glue, filling in the center of the “O”. Repeat for the hole at the top of the tag.
- Cut a 7” length of turquoise memory thread and thread chunky green beads on 2 1/2" at the center. Tie a knot in the memory thread close to the bead at each end. Wrap one end around the small paintbrush handle to coil it, then trim as needed. Repeat for the other end. Zot beads across the top of the tag and memory thread coils at sides as shown.
- Cut a 6 1/2”x2” striped paper and mat long sides on black with 1/16” borders. Glue across the inside, 1 1/4" from the bottom. Write or computer print “Wishing you the best birthday ever!” centered on the upper part of the green tag and glue centered over the striped paper.
- Add innie stickers to the back and chest of the dinosaur sticker on the adhesive. Add emerald green glitter to the rest of the dinosaur. Remove the innie stickers and cover the spaces with light green fine glitter. Remove the backing from the dinosaur and place on the bottom of the tag.
- For the balloon cluster, add glue to the space inside the balloon on the right side. Add a mix of green and blue seed beads. Add innie stickers to the balloon on the left side, covering it entirely. Add green microbeads to the center balloon. Remove the second and bottom innie from the balloon on the left, then add light green fine glitter. Remove remaining innies and add emerald green glitter. Remove the backing from the balloons and place overlapping the tag as shown. Add the swirl sticker to the bottom of the balloon cluster. Add remaining dragonfly angled to the upper left of the tag. Zot knotted ribbon to top of tag.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Kids 8x8 Papers (link)
- It's A Boy Thing Scrapbooking Dazzles™ (link)
- Winter Delight Ribbons Set (link)
- 20 Terrific Tags (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- black cardstock (link)
- Turquoise Memory Thread (link)
- Double-sided adhesive sheets (link)
- Green Art-C™ Beads Set (link)
- Green Art-C™ Glitter Set (link)
- Blue Art-C™ Glitter Set (link)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (link)
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Birdlegs
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)