- Pour 1” of water in the small tray. Dip the brush from the Azure Smooch into the water until much of the surface is covered with ink. Dip the brush from the Green Apple Smooch into the water, into clear areas on the surface, until covered with ink and the colors are marbleizing (If you wish to add a third color, now is the time).
- Place the slide mount front face down in the water and gently push against the surface (it’s fine to gently push below the surface if needed to make sure the entire surface of the card front is covered with ink). Carefully remove and dry thoroughly using heat tool. Repeat for the innies and cardstock pieces, being careful to place the pieces on the areas of the water that are still covered with ink. If there is not sufficient ink left for the cardstock pieces, add more Smooch.
- The slide mounts and innies should be fine, but some light weight cardstock will curl a bit from the water. Place the piece between plastic and weight it down under something heavy and allow to dry.
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with blue cardstock. Ink the outside edges of the marbleized slide mount and glue centered to the card front, 5/8” from the top. Open the card out flat with the blue cardstock facing up on your cutting surface. Use your knife to carefully cut the cardstock and card layer from the center of the slide mount. Close the card again. Ink the edges of the 5” x 2” marbleized cardstock rectangle and glue across the lower card front, ¼” from the bottom. Ink edges of the card.
- Stamp the swirls and stars image on each side of the slide mount with black ink. Stamp a small butterfly on the left side as shown. Stamp the words between the slide mount and the marbleized rectangle. Stamp the small words flower with swirl on the upper left portion of the marbleized rectangle. Tie a knot in a 6” length of black ribbon and glue across the center of the rectangle, trimming ends evenly with the card. Stamp a large words flower on each of the two marbelized innies.
- Inside the card: Glue one stamped innie to a 2 ¾” black cardstock square, then mat on blue leaving a 1/8” border. Ink the edges and glue to the inside, centering it beneath the open window from the front of the card. Embellish each flower center with a crystal. Ink the edges of a 5” x 2” blue cardstock rectangle and glue across the inside, ½” from the bottom. Stamp “Happy birthday” centered on a 2 ½” x 1 1/2” marbleized rectangle and mat on black, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue centered to the blue rectangle on the inside.
- For the envelope: Ink the edges of a 1” x 5 ¼” blue cardstock rectangle and glue vertically to the front of the envelope, ¾” from the left edge. Glue black ribbon down the center of the rectangle. Mat the remaining stamped marbleized square innie on black, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue the matted innie centered over the cardstock rectangle and ribbon, 1 ¼” from the top. Stamp a small butterfly as shown. Stamp a small words flower with swirl on the corner of the envelope flap. Embellish the flower images with crystals.