- Pour 1” of water in the small tray. Dip the brush from the Azure Smooch into the water until much of the surface is covered with ink. Dip the brush from the Green apple Smooch into the water, into clear areas on the surface, until covered with ink and the colors are marbleizing (If you wish to add a third color, now is the time).
- Open the blank card and hold onto the back of the card (it will be straight up) with the front of the card parallel to the surface of the inked water in the tray. Place the card front face down in the water and gently push against the surface (it’s fine to gently push below the surface if needed to make sure the entire surface of the card front is covered with ink). Carefully remove the cardstock and dry thoroughly using heat tool.
- Some light weight cards and cardstock will curl a bit from the water. Place the piece between plastic and weight it down under something heavy and allow to dry. By marbleizing the card, you have removed most of the ink from the surface of the water. To repeat the process, add more ink (with the same colors) to marbleize another card or a 5” x 2 ¾” white cardstock scrap for the inside (if you want to use a different color palette, empty the water and start fresh).
- If some ink seeped onto the inside or back of your card, you can cover it with white paper or cardstock as desired (Or it might be a pretty marbleized touch that’s just right, and you might not want to cover it).
- Attach the large butterfly Dazzle™ to white cardstock and trim around the edges. Add Green apple Smooch to your acrylic block. Add a small amount of water to the ink and mix together with the small paintbrush. “Paint” the open areas of the butterfly with the diluted Green Apple ink. Repeat for diluted Sugarberry ink. Use the Pool ink undiluted to finish filling in the open spaces of the butterfly. Attach the embellished sticker to the upper portion of the card front. Glue ribbon across the bottom of the card front. Glue “happy birthday” word fragment centered over the ribbon.
- Inside the card: Glue a 5” x 2 ¾” marbleized rectangle across the inside of the card. Write or computer print the message on lavender textured paper. Trim to a rectangle and ink the edges. Glue over center of marbleized rectangle. Attach a Dazzle™ border and small butterfly to white cardstock, then trim around the edges. Paint inside the spaces of the sticker with smooch as for the large butterfly on the front. Attach to inside as shown.