Tip: The colored transparencies have a rough side and a smooth side; if you use anything besides StazOn® ink, stamp on the rough side and let dry thoroughly. You can speed up the drying process with a heat tool or hair dryer. Place an electric tea light in your pail to give a warm glow—great for a night-light or party decoration!
- Take a yellow transparent sheet and lay it down with the rough side up. Stamp 8 butterflies in a variety of colors and let dry thoroughly (you can use a heat gun briefly to speed up the drying). Stamp 8 butterflies on the rough side of the light blue transparent sheet and let dry. Cut out all 16 butterflies, cutting about 1/16” away from the edges of the image.
- Stamp a decorative square onto a light blue transparent sheet with Ocean fluid chalk ink. Cut out the square, leaving 1/8” around the edges. Do the same with a Berrylicious square on a yellow transparent sheet. In the center of the Berrylicious Square, stamp “Thinking of you” in the center in Maroon and let dry. Take the blue square; turn it on point and place a Zots™ in each corner. Adhere the square to the inside front of the pail in the center. Adhere the yellow square centered behind the blue square, so the greeting is framed with the two layers of squares.
- Place a Zots™ in the center of one of the butterflies and adhere it to the top right of the greeting on the inside of the pail. Add a butterfly near each corner of the greeting, then fill in the whole clear space on the pail with more butterflies, making sure there is a good variety of colors.
- Cut an 11”x4 3/8” strip of the plain white vellum and place inside the pail, attaching the end at the seam of the pail with Zots™. Cut a 2 1/2”x4 3/8” piece of vellum and fill in the clear space where the first vellum strip stops.
- For the handle and lid: Stamp a Maroon large circle on the rough side of a sheet of yellow transparency. Cut around the circle, leaving a 1/4” border on the piece. Zots™ to the center of the lid. Fold the wings at the bodies of 4 butterflies and place a length of Zips on the tops of the bodies. Punch a 1/16” hole on each side of the body on 3 butterflies. Thread 6” of gold Sparklers through the holes on each butterfly. Adhere the tops of the bodies of the 3 butterflies under the metal handle with the Zips and tie the Sparklers in a knot. Trim ends. Adhere one butterfly to the center of the lid as shown.