Designer Tip: I used Deep Impressions clear embossing powder to create a “cracked glass” look for the clock embellishment for the front of this album. After putting the piece in a freezer for a short time, I could bend it in several places and cause cracks to form in the clear embossed material. Brown ink accentuates the look of the cracks.
- Ink the front, back, spine, and edges of the album with Timber Brown StazOn® ink and let dry. Ink edges with copper ink and let dry. Sand the edges of a 6” square from roses/dictionary paper. Glue pink dotted paper to the left edge for a 3/16” border. Sand the edge. Glue centered to the front of the album.
- Stamp the large (3”) clock face onto tan swirls paper with Timber Brown ink. Stamp hands on the clock face. Cut or punch out the circle, then glue to a same sized black cardstock circle. Use the VersaMark ink pad to cover the surface of the clock face with ink. Pour embossing powder over the ink, shake off the excess, then emboss with the heat tool. Repeat this 2 more times, for a total of 3 layers of VersaMark plus the clear embossing powder. Place the piece in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and gently bend it, to form cracks in the embossed material. Rub the brown ink pad (not StazOn®) over the cracks, then wipe off the excess.
- Use the small corner stamp and Timber Brown ink to create a border on tan swirls paper, alternating the corner image in a row as you go. Trim into a ½” wide strip and mat on dark brown swirls paper, leaving a 1/16” border. Place the border across the front of the album, ¾” from the bottom of the dictionary paper and glue ends in place.
- Cut out the tag, label, and lace doily from the downloaded tag sheet. Trim the bottom of the tag so it is 2” in length. Write or computer print “photos” on the tag, ink the edges copper and let dry. Ink the edges of the lace doily with brown, then copper ink and let dry. Cut a lace border from the brown with roses corner paper and ink the edges copper. Glue the border to the upper left edge of the dictionary paper. Stamp “Timeless” on tan swirls paper with Timber Brown ink. Tear and trim edges, then ink the edges brown and copper. Let dry. Trim label and tuck it beneath the stamped border on the album as shown. Glue tag overlapping the stamped border on the left side. Glue “Timeless” above the tag. Glue lace doily to the right side of the album above the stamped border. Foam tape the “cracked glass” clock face over the center of the doily.
- Stamp on pink cardstock with the collaged clocks background stamp with Timber brown ink. Stamp a small clock face or gear on tan paper. Use the button studio tool and adhesive buttons to create buttons with the stamped cardstock underneath. Thread thin strips of brown swirls paper or pink cardstock through the holes to finish them. Ink edges with copper ink and let dry. Glue overlapping the stamped border on the album as shown. Ink a faux button from the downloaded tags sheet and ink the edges copper. Foam tape it near the buttons on the album.
- Ink the ends of the album posts and the mini brad with copper ink and let dry. Cut the prongs from the mini brad with wire cutters. Zots™ the copper inked mini brad to the center of the large clock face. Glue knotted ribbon to upper right corner. Thread ribbon through holes in album and tie as shown. Add copper inked posts to the holes. Zots™ small brown roses as shown.