Tip: I used stencil tape to mask off the bottom portion of the Color Me Glossy paper, then added the cranberry ink mixed with blending solution to color each section differently. The more the ink is diluted with blending solution, the lighter the color. For the dark horizontal border, I used the ink without diluting it. I used clear embossing powder
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with color me glossy floral paper, trimming edges evenly. Apply masking tape to the bottom 2” of the card front to mask it, pressing the tape in place to adhere it well. Add a few drops of cranberry alcohol ink plus a few drops of alcohol blending solution to the applicator. Now apply the ink and blending solution to the exposed color me paper on the card front, using a pouncing motion. Remove the tape and let the ink dry. Moisten a paper towel with alcohol blending solution and remove the excess to reveal the floral pattern.
- Add 1 drop cranberry ink and several drops of blending solution to a clean applicator felt. Apply to the bottom 2” of the card front for a light pink color. Add more blending solution if needed to achieve the desired shade of pink. Let dry, then wipe off the excess with the paper towel. Open the card and place it face up on your cutting mat. Use your knife and ruler to cut a 2” square window from the card front, centered 1 1/8” from the top.
- Trim the narrow border from the tags and border sheet. Add a few drops of cranberry ink to a clean felt, and apply the ink to the border. Let dry, then wipe off the excess. Glue the border across the card front over the seam of the light and dark ink sections. Trim excess. Cut loosely around the floral tag. Stamp “Happy Birthday!” on the top of the tag with VersaMark ink, then sprinkle with clear embossing powder. Shake off the excess, then emboss with the heat tool. Use the applicator to apply cranberry ink plus blending solution to the tag, including over the embossed words and outside the tag edges. Let dry, then wipe off the excess. Trim edges leaving a pink inked border at sides and bottom, and trimming close to the white border at the top. Glue to the card front and add ribbon as shown.
- Color a 3 ¼”x5” Color Me™ floral rectangle with cranberry ink, with a 2 ½” light pink section at the top and darker pink for the remaining bottom. Add remaining inked border across the seam of the two sections and glue centered to the inside so the lighter pink section shows through the window on the card front. Cut loosely around the small swirl tag, then stamp “Celebrate” on the top of the tag with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with embossing powder, shake off the excess, and emboss with the heat tool. Use the applicator to apply cranberry ink plus blending solution to the tag as for the front. Let dry and wipe off the excess. Add ribbon.
- Cut out a single flower and a two-flower piece from remaining paper. Color the two flower piece medium pink, and the single flower dark pink. Let dry, then wipe off the excess. Close the card and place the medium pink flowers centered through the window and glue in place. Foam tape the dark pink flower to the center as shown.