Tip: This beautiful box is easy to make and perfect to hold a small gift or treat. I mixed cloudy blue alcohol ink with silver mixatives for a stunning result! (This finish looks great without wiping off the excess—if you use blending solution to remove any excess, it will also wipe off the silver)
- Place the template on the back of your Color Me™ glossy swirl paper. Trace the box design window shape and fold lines, keeping your pencil close to the inside template edge. Remove the template and cut out the box. Use your knife to cut out the window shape. Score all the fold lines.
- Add a few drops each of cloudy blue alcohol ink and silver mixatives to the applicator, then apply the inks to the patterned side of the paper cut-out while it is still flat. Let dry. Fold the box on the scored lines, according to the labels on the template. Glue each side flaps to the inside of its neighboring panel.
- Cut a piece of clear transparency material a little larger than the window opening. Stamp “For you” on the center of the transparency material with metallic silver StazOn® ink, and let dry. Apply cloudy blue alcohol ink to the back, to color it and let dry. Place the colored transparency on the inside of the box to cover the window opening, with the words centered through the window. Glue edges in place. Line the box with white tissue. Now is the time to add that small gift to the inside!
- Begin closing the box by pressing all first tier tops down. These flaps will line up with the top tier sides as you press down, creating the start to the top tier. For the final closure, hook one top tier flap with the one next to it, working counter clockwise to interlock each remaining flap. Tie ribbon around the top of the box.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Color Me Glossy Swirl, Color Me Glossy Tags and Border (link)
- Tiered gift Box Template (link)
- Alcohol inks: cloudy blue (from cloudy blue, willow, and pink shell) (link), silver mixatives (link)
- Alcohol blending solution (link)
- Alcohol ink applicator and felts (link)
- Stamp & Punch Stamp set (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Clear transparency material (link)
- Sheer & Silky Ribbons (link)
- Metallic Silver StazO® Ink (link)
- Pen knife, cutting mat (link)
- Rubber gloves (optional, to protect hands from staining)
- White wrapping tissue