Designer Tip: Cover the front of your card with paper before cutting out windows so you won’t have to cut the windows twice.
- Cover the card front with pink/purple floral paper. Open your card face down on a cutting surface with the fold running vertical. Cut two 3 ¼”x2 ½” windows out of the card front. The windows should be ½” apart and ½” from the top and bottom. Cut two 3 ¾”x3” rectangles from the clear overlay.
- Open the card and place one of the overlay pieces over the top window opening. Make sure the overlay is centered over the opening. With a permanent marker, mark on the overlay just outside the window opening (a small mark on each corner will do); this will guide your stamping. The marks should not show from the front of the card. Remove the overlay and set card aside. Using the thin Edges and Borders stamp and the white StazOn, stamp around the edges of the overlay, just inside your markings. Attach the overlay to the back of the window opening, gluing just around the edges. Repeat with the other window.
- Journal “Happy Birthday” on a small purple tag, attach a mini pewter brad and foam tape in between the windows.
- For the inside: Measure and cut out blue floral paper to cover the inside front. Measure and cut out windows to match up with existing windows. Glue to the inside front.
- Cover the inside back with fuchsia paper. Cut two 3 3/8”x2 5/8” rectangles of dark blue glimmer paper. Glue onto the fuchsia side, matched up with the window openings. On the back of some fuchsia paper, trace two medium butterflies from the Butterflies & Dragonflies template. Cut out and glue onto the two dark blue glimmer pieces.
- Using a permanent marker, trace the same butterflies onto clear overlay. Cut out just inside your marked lines so they won’t show. Use various Edges & Borders stamps and white StazOn to embellish your butterflies. Fold up the wings so they pop up a bit. Glue only the bodies down onto the matching fuchsia butterflies.