- Trim the card to a 5” square. Cover card front with green circles/dots paper. Using a brown inkpad, stamp the four edges with the dots/icicle Edges & Borders stamp.
- Cut a 3”x4” piece of purple circle paper and round the edges with the ¼” Corner Chomper. Ink edges brown and adhere to the card vertically, ½” from the top and right side. Cut a 2 ½”x3 ½” piece of tan patterned paper and round the corners. Ink the edges brown and stamp along the bottom with the dots/icicle stamp. Stamp again along the bottom, ½” away from the edge with the icicles pointing down. Foam tape to the card horizontally, 1 ¼” from the top and 1” from the right side.
- Stamp Small Elephant onto green circles/dots paper with brown ink and cut out. Journal “Happy Birthday” onto a small tag from the Cardmaker’s Creative pack. Glue the elephant holding tag onto the center front of the card.
- Inside the card: Cover inside front with green texture paper; trim excess. Cover inside back with tan patterned paper; trim excess. Cut 4 ½”x3 ½” of purple circle paper and round corners with the ½” side of the Corner Chomper. Ink edges brown and glue to center of the tan background, only applying glue to the edges of the paper.
- Stamp Small Bear and Small Giraffe onto green circles/dots paper; cut out. Create pop up tabs for the bear and giraffe by trimming four small rectangles from the excess cardstock. Fold each piece in half and glue to the animals’ feet, with the folds on the bottom edges. Place your bear and giraffe where you want them to pop up and mark where their feet will stand. Gently cut 4 slits where you marked (only cutting through the purple circle paper). Apply glue to each of the pop up tabs and slide them into the corresponding slits.
- Cut the 4”x2” clear overlay into two 2” squares. Cut each square into a spiral about 2” in diameter. When you pull on each end of the spiral it should look like a clear spring. Use the star stamps from the Small Bear stamp and blue or brown StazOn to stamp stars onto the clear spirals. Using Zots™ adhesive dots, adhere the center of each spiral to the back of the bear and giraffe. Place an adhesive dot onto the other end of each of the spirals so that when you close the card, the dot will adhere to the inside front cover of the card. Close the card and press down, then open it. The spirals should now be fully attached and cause the bear and giraffe to pop up. Add some more adhesive dots if necessary.
- Journal on a purple tag and embellish with dots/icicle stamp and a decorative brad from the Creative Kit. Foam tape tag over the ends of the clear spirals.
- Close card and round all corners of the card with the ½” side of the Corner Chomper. Ink all remaining edges and corners brown.