- When stamping with Metallic Silver StazOn directly on the tray, don’t overload your stamp with the ink or it will smear. A light layer of ink will do. Also, try to lift the stamp straight off the tray surface to prevent smearing.
- When stamping directly onto the tray, if you mess up just paint over it with a layer of black acrylic paint and start over.
- Repeatedly cutting through metal with an X-acto® knife may dull the blade. Change your blade often so it’s always sharp.
- If you warp your metal and don’t like the way it looks, you can roll a pen or other cylindrical instrument over it to flatten it out and start over.
- I don’t recommend heat embossing on photos larger than a few inches as the heat may warp the photo.
- When stamping on corners of tray, mask areas of the stamp you don’t want showing with a sticky note.
- When stamping with Metallic Silver StazOn on sheer ribbon, make sure you have a craft sheet or scrap paper underneath as the ink will bleed through your ribbon.
- Before finalizing any of the box designs, make sure the piece lies flat inside the box. If it doesn’t, trim it until it does.
- For the handle: Stamp a 12” length of sheer lavender ribbon with black swirls using Jet Black StazOn. Tie in a bow around the handle.
- Direct stamping on the tray: Stamp all four outer sides of the letterbox tray with silver swirls. Accent along the top two corners with a silver thin border.
- FOR THE INDIVIDUAL BOXES:
- Box 1- Metal waves & spirals: Cut a 1 ¾”x3 ½” piece of teal metal. Stamp swirls onto it with silver StazOn. When dry, curl around pencil, first over the pencil, then under. This achieves the wavy look and will shrink the length of the metal to fit the box. Glue metal to box. Curl three skinny strips of magenta metal around a pencil or Q-tip, depending on how tight you want the spiral to be. Glue the three spirals to the dips in the wavy teal metal.
- Box 2- Stamped photo: Cut a 2 ½”x1 ½” vertical photo, stamp a silver music border along bottom. Glue to box.
- Box 3- Vellum quote with stamped ribbon: Cut a 4 ¼”x2 ½” piece of black cardstock. Stamp along top edge with silver swirls and glue to box. Write or print a quote on a 4 ¼”x2 ½” piece of light blue vellum. Stamp lace edge across top with black StazOn. Glue vellum on top of the stamped black cardstock so the two stamped edges overlap. Stamp a 6” length of sheer purple ribbon with silver flourishes. When dry, tie in a knot and attach to bottom left corner of box with Zots™.
- Box 4- Teal textured metal with photo: Cut a 3 ¾”x2 ½” of teal metal. Stamp with black butterflies. Using embossing stylus and pad, emboss flower design onto the metal (you can also make flowers by pressing metal onto mini Brad Buddy flowers with your fingers). Cut a 3”x1 ½” photo, round edges, and ink edges silver. Foam tape photo to teal metal. Add two brads and photo turns to opposite corners of photo. Glue the whole piece to the box.
- Box 5- Stamped small photo: Cut a 1 ¾”x 1 5/8” photo and stamp all four edges with the thin border stamp and black StazOn. Glue to box.
- Box 6- Stacked flower: Cut a 2 ¼”x1 5/8” piece of any color metal. Turn the metal over and texture the silver side with scattered dots using an embossing tool and pad. Ink a brad with silver StazOn and let dry. Stack a small purple flower over a pink flower and attach to metal with the silver brad. Glue to box.
- Box 7- Tag with stamped background: Cut a 1 ½” x4” piece of black cardstock and stamp all over with silver flourishes. Glue to box. Journal names on a tag and add two brads. Foam tape tag to black cardstock.
- Box 8- Silver tree with curled corner: Cut a 2 ¾”x4” piece of magenta metal. Stamp Love Tree on the magenta metal with an embossing inkpad. Pour on silver glitter embossing powder, shake off excess, and emboss with heat tool. Poke tiny holes around the edges of the metal with a pencil and a ruler (space them about 1/8” apart). Glue a tiny photo to the top right of the box. Curl back the top right corner of the magenta metal around a pencil to get the page-curl effect. Place in the box to make sure your photo is peeking out of the exposed corner. Glue in place.
- Box 9- Long vertical photo: Cut a 1 ¼”x4” photo and stamp the long right side with a black swirl border and distress border. Glue to box.
- Box 10- Magenta metal bow: Cut a 3 ¾”x 1” piece of black cardstock, stamp with silver flourishes, and glue to box. Cut a 3”x½”piece of magenta metal and cut a “V” into each end. Curl ends up slightly. Cut a 3 ½”x3/4” strip of metal and curl around a pencil ¾” away from each end. This will be the bow’s third tier. Glue centered to the bottom strip. Cut a 3/8”x2” piece of metal and wrap the two ends around a pencil to get the second tier of the bow. Glue to third tier. Cut a 3/8”x1” strip of metal and curl around a pencil for the first tier, the center. Manipulate the metal with your fingers so the center of the bow nestles into the second tier and glue in place. Glue completed bow centered on the stamped black background.
- Box 11- Corner stamped photo: Cut a 1 ½”x2 ¾” vertical photo. Stamp a silver flourish across the top right corner with the flat edge toward the center of the photo. Glue to box.
L. Box 12- Framed vertical quote: Cut a 2 ¼”x2 ¾” piece of purple paper and journal or print friendship quote on it. Stamp top and bottom edges with silver dots/icicle border and the left and right edges with thin border. Glue to box.
- Box 13- Horizontal stamped quote: Cut a 3 5/8”x1 ½” piece of purple paper and journal or print quote on it. Stamp silver lace across top edge and glue to box.
- Box 14- Stamped teal metal with photo: Cut a 1 5/8”x 1 ¼” piece of teal metal and stamp both longer edges with black flourishes. Glue to left side of box. Cut a 2”x1 ¼” photo, stamp left edge with a portion of the black flourish, and glue to right side of box.
- Box 15- Small raised photo: Cut a 1 ½” square photo and stamp bottom with black swirls. Attach to box using 2-3 layers of foam tape to give it a lift.
- Box 16- Best Buds embossed metal: Cut a 2”x1 ¼” piece of magenta metal. Turn over onto embossing pad or mouse pad and emboss “Best Buds” into it by writing the words backward with an embossing stylus (you can also emboss on the front if you don’t want to write backwards). Turn metal over and curl right side with a Q-tip. Glue to box.
- Box 17- Purple bow and tag on rippled metal: Cut a 2 ¼”x2 5/8” piece of any metal. On the colored side, emboss a border of dots using embossing stylus and pad. Turn metal to silver side; your dot border should be raised. Place a pencil on the corner of the silver metal and curl it upward. Now place your pencil underneath the metal and curl it the opposite way. Repeat diagonally across the whole piece, creating a rippled effect. (This is the same technique used with the wavy teal, just with smaller waves.) Glue to box. Cut a 1 ¼” circle from texture blue paper. Stamp two small black hearts using the stamps from the Love Tree set. Ink edges black and foam tape to center of rippled metal. Cut an 8” length of sheer purple ribbon and tie in a small bow. Trim ends to about 1” long. Stamp these ends with silver swirls. Cut a 4” piece of sheer purple ribbon and tie in a knot around the center of the bow. Trim ends and stamp with silver swirls. (You may want to stamp before tying, but you will have to practice tying the bow and measure your ribbon exactly before stamping). Glue to top of blue circle with Zots™ adhesive dots.
- Box 18- Teal confetti: Cut a 2 ¼”x1 ¼” piece of black cardstock and stamp along bottom with the inspirational border stamp. Cut seven short 1/8” strips of teal metal and curl into spirals around a Q-tip or chopstick. Glue spirals onto the black cardstock. When dry, glue to box.
- Box 19- Flower and photo: Cut a 2 ¼”x1 ¼” piece of black cardstock. Cut a 1 ¼”x1 ½” photo and glue to right side of cardstock. Stamp silver swirls onto the black along the left edge of the photo. Attach a small dark pink flower to the black part with a blue brad. Glue to box.
- Box 20- Long photo with small stamp: Cut a 2 ¼”x1 ¼” vertical photo. Use an embossing pad to stamp a small heart in the bottom right corner. Pour on the silver glitter embossing powder and shake off excess. Warm up heating tool for a few seconds before melting the embossing powder. Quickly emboss the heart so as not to damage the photo with the heat tool. Glue to box.
- For the bottom edge of the tray: Stamp silver swirls along a 12” length of purple ribbon and let dry. Glue along the bottom of the letterbox tray and tape or glue ends to the back.