- IMPORTANT: read all the directions and tips on the shrink film packaging before beginning the project. The shrinking technique may require some trial and error, but the package comes with plenty to work with.
- If you don’t sand the shrink film, your pieces will remain clear when baked. If you do, they will have a frosted look.
- The shrink film will curl up in the heat, then it will slowly uncurl and lay flat. When it lies completely flat, it is done. If it stays slightly curled, you can flatten it with a pad of paper or similar object while it is still hot out of the oven. If it stays in the oven too long or too little, it can get distorted and harden that way.
- The pastel markers work great on the sanded shrink plastic. The marker colors will appear many shades darker once the piece has shrunk because it will be more concentrated.
- To keep the front of the tag smooth and glass-like, bake the piece with the glossy, un-sanded side up.
- Inking the edge of the pendant with black StazOn® gives it a nice finished look.
- Take a sheet of shrink film and sand one side with fine sandpaper in a diagonal direction, then rotate the sheet and sand in a perpendicular direction. Keep sanding until the whole sheet has a frosted look to it. Wipe the sheet and your work area with a damp paper towel to clean off the sanded residue. Flip the sheet over so the glossy side is up. Place the tag template onto the shrink film and trace around the largest tag shape with a fine tip permanent marker. Cut out, trimming off the black line. Punch a 1/4” hole at the top.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Use the acrylic block and black StazOn® to stamp the shortest poppy bottle onto the center of the tag. Stamp a couple leaves onto the stem. Color in the image with the pink, green, and blue pastel brush markers.
- Bake the piece according to the package instructions, baking it shiny side up. Once the piece has cooled, ink the edges with black StazOn®. Take one of the silver charm clips and open the small loop with pliers. Place the tag onto the loop and close it with pliers. Take 30” of both pink crepe and navy sheer ribbons and string them through the tag pendant. Tie all the ends in a knot at the top.