Designer Tip: I recommend using an adhesive like E-6000 to stick the pearl stickers to the glass. Without additional adhesive they will eventually come off the glass with wear.
- Cut two 2” squares of blue paper and stamp the top and bottom edges with the swirl image stamp. Tear two 1 ½” wide strips of green paper and use fingertips to roll the torn edges slightly. Glue the strips across each blue square and trim the edges even.
- Stamp a bird’s nest on the center of each square’s strip of green. Glue the squares back to back and place behind the memory glass and into the frame. Glue flat pearl stickers directly to the glass and over the bird eggs (on both sides of the necklace if you want).
- Use the jump ring to hang the bird from the memory frame loop. Tie lengths of sheer ribbon through the frame hanger and trim to 1” long. Use fingertips to slightly fray ends for a feathery look. Hang from chain. This particular chain will need pliers to remove one end of the closure in order to thread the chain through the hanger. Replace closure.
Necklace card holder
- Inside: Tape the inside flaps on the matchbook together and cover with light blue paper. Wrap the sides of the paper around the sides of the matchbook and glue. Cover the inside top with light green paper and trim even with the cover edges. Tear a strip of blue; ink the torn edge, glue to the top of the green and trim. Stamp the inside of the book with corner swirls stamps and a small bird.
- Outside: Cover the outside cover of the matchbook with teal blue. Cover the lower flap and back of the book with dark brown (this also covered up the light blue paper wrapped around to the back of the book). Use the knife to make a new slit to secure the cover.
- Tear a 3” wide strip of light green and ink the torn edges brown. Glue across the front cover and stamp a swirl on the right and left sides. Stamp a 3”x 2 ½” rectangle of light blue with the tree branch/nest stamp. Stamp “Sweet” at the lower right corner and mat with bronze glimmer paper, leaving a 1/8” wide border. Foam tape the rectangle to the cover.
- Make two slits at the top edge of the inside back, 2” apart to hang the necklace chain from. Place the chain down behind the light blue inside back and secure each side of the chain into a slit. Let the pendant hang down. Don’t forget to write a message on the inside top flap.