Designer Tip: This punch creates a simple border with holes that are great for lacing with ribbon or paper.
- Place one card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with floral corner paper and ink the edges brown. Add border stickers to short sides of the card front as shown.
- Trim the second card to a 5” square, then place with the fold at the left and trim to 1 1/4"x5” with the fold intact. Cut an additional 1 1/4"x5” piece from remaining card. Place the single piece at the left and align together with the open edge of the folded piece on the right. Cover each piece (front and back) with ivory/green textured paper from the remaining floral corner sheet.
- To punch the pieces, begin with the left piece. Place the right edge of the left piece inside the punch, with the edge just almost touching the right end of the wing guide. Punch, then move the piece to the right and align the first 4 punched holes with the right wing guide. Punch again, then move the piece to the left. Count 4 punched holes from the right, then align the next four holes with the left wing guide. Punch again. For the right piece, place the left edge inside the punch with the right edge extending just over the right edge of the right wing guide. Punch as for the left piece.
- To create a flap align the pieces with holes together. Add tape down the center between the holes on the back. Ink edges with brown ink. Thread the 36” long piece of teal grosgrain ribbon through the top two holes toward the front, and pull the ends equal on both sides. Lace the holes, then tie a knot at the bottom on the back or Zot the ends to secure. Add a border sticker to the left edge of the flap on both sides. Place the laced portion of the flap over the right side of the card front, then glue the fold to the back of the card.
- Place the Dream Big words and swirl sticker on ivory/green textured paper and trim around the edges with 1/16” borders. Mat again on brown textured paper with thin borders. Paint in the banner around the letters with Pool Smooch ink and let dry. Close the flap on the card front. Place the matted sticker on the card front overlapping the about 1” of the flap. Apply foam tape to the left half of the matted sticker. Position it centered on the card front so the flap can be tucked in beneath the right side of the sticker. Add hearts and butterflies stickers as shown.
- Cover the inside with green/ivory houndstooth paper and ink the edges brown. Ink the edges of a 6 1/2"x1 3/8” strip from the squares paper and glue to brown textured paper. Trim top and sides evenly, with a 5/8” border at the bottom. Punch holes along the brown bottom edge with the punch. Cut a 10”x1/8” ivory/green textured paper strip and thread through the holes for a stitched look. Trim the ends and glue at the back to secure. Glue the piece centered across the inside.
- Place a flower with leaves and a small butterfly on ivory/green textured paper. Trim around the flower and butterfly evenly. Paint in the blossom with Sassy Pink Smooch ink and let dry. Paint in the butterfly with Pool Smooch. Write or computer print “And then go for it!” on ivory/green textured paper. Place a banner sticker over the words so they are centered inside the banner. Trim around the banner leaving a 1/16” border, then mat on brown textured paper with a 1/16” border. Paint in the banner with Pool Smooch, blotting with a tissue over the words as needed. Add stickers to the inside as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Knock Outs Border System—circles border punch
- Boutique Paper Pack
- Boutique Ribbons—36” length of 1/8” wide teal grosgrain ribbon
- Artful Boutique Scrapbooking Dazzles™
- two 5”x6 1/2" blank white cards
- Smooch ink colors for painting in: Pool, Sassy Pink
- Dark Brown ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink pad
- black pen or computer printer
- font: Gasoline Alley, 20pt
- clear cellophane tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- tissue or paper towel