Designer Tip: The stitched ribbon border adds texture and a handmade feel to this card.
- With the fold on the top, cover the card front with quilt paper with the brown borders on the right and bottom. Punch a row of holes along the brown borders using the border punch.
- Take 36” of narrow pink grosgrain and stitch through the first hole on the bottom left. bring the ribbon around the bottom of the card and through the next hole. Glue about 1” of ribbon on the starting end to the inside of the card before continuing. Stitch along the bottom and continue ending on the top right corner. Pull the ribbon taut after each stitch. Glue or tape down the end inside the card and trim excess ribbon.
- Ink the top and left edges with Toffee ink using a cosmetic sponge. Trace a bracket label and the inner vintage sign onto the back of green texture paper. Cut out and cut out the inner shape with an X-acto® knife over a cutting mat. Ink the outer and inner edges with Toffee ink.
- Cut a mini vintage sign from cream cardstock and stamp “For Someone Special” in the center with brown StazOn®. Ink the edges Toffee. Cut 3/4”x3 1/4” of pink floral, ink edges, and glue to center of card. Foam tape the cream greeting in the center. Foam tape the green frame around the greeting. Zot™ a pink sheer swirl bow to the center of the card below the greeting. Add silver buttons around the green frame.
- For the inside: Ink the edges of 1 1/4”x 6 1/2” of pink floral and glue across center. Ink the edges of a quilt paper bracket label and glue centered. Ink the edges of an art deco label made from cream cardstock and stamp a greeting in the center in brown. Glue to center and add a couple silver button Dazzles™ as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- KnockOuts Border Value Kit (link)
- 6 1/2”x5” blank white card (link)
- Sew Cute Paper Pack (link)
- Sew Cute Ribbon Set (link)
- Silver pearl Button Dazzles™ (link)
- 15 Lovely Labels Template (link)
- Birthday Greetings Stamps (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Toffee Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Cosmetic Sponge
- Foam tape (link)
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Cutting mat (link)
- Cream cardstock (link)
- Small Zots™ adhesive dots (link)