Designer Tip: For a distressed vintage look, wrinkle your paper, scuff the edges, and flatten to glue on your project.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on top. Cover with red dot paper. Glue a 2”x1” tan paper in the lower right corner 1/8” from the edges.
- Wrinkle a 6 1/4”x4 3/4” black/tan swirl and flatten out. Distress and glue a 2”x5” brown script 1 1/2” from the left. Cut a 5”x3 1/2” red dot and use the scallop border along the bottom edge. Distress and glue1/2” from the top and 3/4” from the right, leaving the upper left corner unglued. Distress a 4 3/4”x3” newsprint and glue to the red dot 1/8” from the top and sides, leaving the upper right and lower left corners unglued. Roll down those corners and the upper left corner so the pattern underneath shows.
- Roll up the lower right corner of the black/tan paper and use a piercing tool or 1/16” punch to poke a hole and insert a brown mini brad to hold the paper in place. Glue centered on the card.
- Punch the left edge of a 2 3/4”x3 1/2” ledger paper with the notebook punch. Save the punched out pieces for the card inside. Stamp the image with dark brown ink. Distress the edges and foam tape to the card at a slant as shown.
- Stamp “Important”, the large butterfly, and two small butterflies on tan paper and cut around the edges. Glue to the card as shown. Stamp “Merci” with brown in the lower right corner.
- Inside the card: Cover the card with brown script. Glue a 6 1/8”x4 1/4” ledger paper centered at the top. Cut a 5 3/4”x4 3/4” black/tan swirl and glue a 5 7/8”x4 1/8” red dot to mat the bottom edges. Poke three holes in the lower left corner and insert brown mini brads. Glue the paper to the top edge of the card.
- Glue a 6 1/2”x1 1/4” stripe centered on the card. Cut two 1 3/4”x2 3/4” red dot papers and use the scallop punch along the bottom edge. Distress and glue the punched out notebook pieces at the top of each. Glue to the card as shown.
- Stamp the two images on ledger paper, and stamp “You make me smile” under the butterfly image. Tear around the edges and glue to the red dot papers. Stamp two small red butterflies and cut around the edges. Glue to the card as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Noted paper pack (link)
- Artful Collection stamp set (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- KnockOuts Border Value Kit (link)
- Chocolate brads (link)
- Chalk ink – dark brown (link), warm red (link)
- Piercing tool or 1/16” punch (link)
- Blank white 5”x6 1/2” card (link)
- Foam tape (link)