Click to view a larger image
- For the stenciled floral motif, place the stencil over white cardstock and tape the edges in place. Add a dab of desert paint at the edge of the stencil, then use the mini squeegee to pull the paint across the open areas. Remove stencil and let paint dry thoroughly (I let mine dry a couple of hours). Repeat the process for two more images, using aqua paint for one, and purple paint for the other. Let dry.
- When dry, place the stencil over the desert image, and trace around the outside edges of the shape. Trim the edges so you have a white border. Mat on lavender glimmer. Trim the mosaic portion away from the aqua image, leaving the stems, leaves, and blossoms with a thin white border at the edges. Foam tape the cut image over the identical areas of the desert image. Cut out the blossoms from the purple image, leaving a thin white border at the edges. Foam tape them over the identical aqua image. Set aside until ready to attach to your page.
- Mat the 4x6 photo on white cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Mat again on lavender glimmer leaving a 1/4" border. Mat again on floral paper, leaving a 1/2" border, then mat on the red glimmer leaving a 1/16" border. Glue the matted photo to the page, 1/4" from the right side and 3/8" from the top.
- Mat the 2 1/2"x3" photo on white, then red glimmer, and the 2"x3" photo on white, then lavender glimmer. Glue photos near the bottom of the page as shown.
- Computer print journaling on tan textured paper or write by hand with the black pen. Trim to a rectangle, leaving 1/2" extra space at the top. Mat on white, then lavender glimmer, leaving a 1/4" border. Glue to the left side of the page, 2 1/4" from the top and 3/8" from the left side. Write or computer print on a tag, then glue to the page between the smaller photos as shown. Add brads and a ribbon. Glue the stenciled floral motif to the page, overlapping the top of the journaling block.