Click to view a larger image
- Cut a 3 ¼”x3” piece of brown circles paper. Cut a 3”x1 ¾” piece of pink circles paper and glue it on top of the brown piece, placing it even with the right side. Glue to the swirls background paper, 1 ¼” from the right side of the page, and1 ½” from the bottom of the page. Add a 2 ¾”x1 ¾” photo to the strip, then accent with four pink mini brads.
- Glue a 5" by 7" photo to a 7 1/4" x 9 3/4" pink circles mat. Use the butterflies punch to punch a border along the bottom of the mat. To get your first punch to line up with the edge of the paper, position the punch system horizontally in front of you, with the punch inserted in the hole directly in front of you. Use the grid across the top of the punch system. Turn your paper so the edge you want a border on is towards you. Line up your paper so the left edge is on the second gridline to the left of the center line. For the subsequent punches, line up the blue marker on the left so that it covers the right side of the lower butterfly on the previous punch (the left wing and antennae will hang out slightly). This pattern will fit perfectly across the bottom of the 7 1/4" mat. If your mat is larger or smaller, punch the border first and then trim the paper to the appropriate size.
- Mat the pink paper on brown circles paper, but before you attach it, chalk along the bottom of the brown paper (behind the butterfly border) with black chalk. The chalk darkens the background and helps the border stand out. Journal on the pink paper, then wrap a brown ribbon across the bottom portion of the photo. Glue the matted piece to the swirls background paper, overlapping the pink and brown strip.
- For the Flower Embellishments: Cut out the two circular flower art designs. Punch the butterflies in the center of each. The easiest way to do this is to line up the top of the circle art with the front edge of the punch. You will be able to align the left-right positioning because the sides of the design will stick out on either side of the punch. Use the sides to position the art and hold it in place while you punch. Attach one with a Zot™ to the center of a large brown flower. Trim off just the bottom petals of the flower and attach between the photo and journaling with a Zot™.
- Chalk a small scrap of brown circles paper and glue it behind the second punched circle. Place on top of a white flower and use a Zot™ to attach it to the upper right of page. Cut a pink flower in half and Zot™ it along the bottom right edge of the large pink mat. Add a brad at the flower center.
- Journal on a tag and add to the top right corner of the matted photo with a pink mini brad. Insert brads randomly through the background paper to accent some of the swirls.