Designer Tip: You can use either the Perfect Medium pad in the kit, or a VersaMark™ ink pad to stamp and adhere your Perfect Pearls. I love the metallic look of these Perfect Pearls, and the shine and shimmer it creates! I also love how well the Steampunk papers and the Timeless stamps go together.
- Position the card with the fold at the top. Cut 6 1/2”x5” of tan embellished corner steampunk paper with the embellished corner at the top left. Stamp the textured clocks stamp all over the piece with the Perfect Medium, trying to line the rectangles up for a repeated pattern. Dip the large brush into pearl Perfect Pearls and pounce in a random pattern all over the piece. Do the same with copper. Brush off excess. Glue to the card.
- Cut 6 1/2”x1 3/4” of tan paper along a black border edge. Ink the remaining edges heavily with a cosmetic sponge and Jet Black StazOn® to mimic the printed black border. Glue across the card 1” from the top. Cut 6 1/2”x3/4” of black cardstock. Ink up the “Time to Celebrate” stamp with Perfect Medium from the kit and stamp on the black strip, 1/2” from the right. Dust the stamped image using the small brush and gold Perfect Pearls. Brush off excess with the large brush. Glue the black strip to the center of the tan strip.
- Stamp the large clock face on black cardstock. Dust with bronze Perfect Pearls and brush off excess. Stamp the hands and dust with pearl Perfect Pearls. Cut out the clock, leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape the clock to the card 1/2” from the bottom and 1/4” from the right. Stamp three black clocks in the bottom right corner as shown, using Jet Black StazOn®. Place a silver 5mm self-adhesive nailhead in the center of the large clock. You may also sand the nailhead lightly for a distressed effect.
- For the inside: Glue 6 1/2”x2 1/4” of tan paper with the black border on the left and bottom. Glue across the bottom. Cut 6 1/2”x5/8” of striped paper along the stripes. Glue across the top of the tan piece. Stamp the 1 3/4” wide clock face and clock hands onto black cardstock with the Perfect Medium. Sprinkle on the black detail embossing powder and emboss with a heat gun. Use a small paintbrush to mix together a little of the pearl and bronzed Perfect Pearls with a little bit of water on a plastic lid or palette (a craft sheet will work). Carefully paint in the clock, making sure the Perfect Pearls doesn’t stay on the embossed parts. If this happens, scrape it off with an X-acto® blade after drying. Let dry, cut out the clock and glue to the card 1” from the left and 3/4” from the bottom.
- Stamp gears around the clock in black as shown. Stamp “Celebrate” twice on the white part and once below the stripe. Dust with copper and gold Perfect Pearls. Brush off excess with the large brush.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Perfect Pearls- Metallics kit (link)
- 6 1/2”x5” blank white card (link)
- Steampunk Paper Pack (link)
- Timeless Stamps (link)
- Silver nailheads (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Black Super Fine Embossing Powder (link)
- Heat embossing tool (link)
- Water in a cup
- Cosmetic sponge