Designer Tip: Ebony Card Toppers are perfect for coloring with Gelatos. When adding the color, you don’t have to cover all the white completely—then blend with a baby wipe, which will cover all the white. Use a circular motion when applying the Gelatos to avoid uneven color.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Place your card topper on your work surface. Start coloring the card topper by applying metallic blueberry to the dotted areas and across the swirls at top and bottom. Add metallic mint to some of the swirls, allowing colors to overlap a bit. Now add metallic grape, allowing the purple to overlap some of the blue. Color the center open space with metallic mint. Now use the baby wipe to blend the colors, turning it often for clean areas of the wipe.
- While the metallic mint color is still damp, color the “happy Birthday to you” stamp with metallic grape gelato, then stamp centered on the metallic mint space centered on the card topper.
- Wrap the left side of the card topper with purple crepe ribbon and tie a bow. Zot the bow in place to secure. Glue the card topper even with the card front.
- Cut out the label shape and color with Gelatos as you did for the front. Blend with a baby wipe. Stamp “Celebrate!” on the metallic mint center space with metallic grape gelato. Glue purple ribbon centered across the inside. Glue the label centered over the ribbon.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Lace Ebony Color Me Card Toppers (link)
- Batik Ribbons (link)
- Birthday Greetings Stamps (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Metallic Gelatos (link)
- Zots (link)
- baby wipes