Designer Tip: It’s easy to spread and blend dry Gelatos with your finger—if you’re doing a resist technique, simply wipe off the color from the embossed areas with a baby wipe.
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut 5”x8 1/2” of white cardstock and stamp the large flowers stamp in a repeating pattern all over the piece using VersaMark™ ink. Sprinkle white embossing powder and shake off excess. Emboss using heat embossing tool.
- Color the entire piece with the Guava Gelato. Color a little bit of Red Cherry on the floral images. Rub in and blend the colors with your finger. Wipe your fingers clean with a baby wipe. Using the baby wipe, lightly wipe away the Gelato color from the embossed areas. Wipe a little bit away from the in between areas to give a watercolor look. Cover the card front with the embossed paper, trimming off the excess. Cut the excess into two 5”x1” strips for the inside.
- Take the pink lace rectangle from the Almanac note cards. Spray a cosmetic sponge with water, then rub the Red Cherry Gelato onto the sponge. Sponge the edges of the note card red.
- Place the “Sending Happy Thoughts” stamp on an acrylic block. Color in with Red Cherry Gelato, covering the stamp in small circular motions. Spritz the stamp with water, then stamp onto the top right of the journaling note card. Glue the note card 1” from the right and 1/2” from the bottom. Trim off excess.
- Cut 5”x1 1/4” of white cardstock. Stamp two rows of butterflies across the strip in VersaMark™ ink and emboss with white embossing powder. Color over the strip with Red Cherry Gelato and rub in with your finger. Wipe off the butterflies with a clean portion of the baby wipe. Glue across the card 1 1/4” from the bottom.
- Tie a small bow with 1/4” wide red sheer ribbon and Zot™ it to the butterfly strip on the right side as shown.
- For the inside: Glue the two 5”x1” strips of the pink resist cardstock from the front of the card to the inside center, 1/4” apart as shown. Take another of the same note card in the Almanac pack and ink the edges as on the front. Glue the note card to the inside 2” from the fold and 1” from the bottom. Trim off excess. Use the same coloring and stamping technique to stamp the inner greetings onto the note card as shown. Zot™ a small bow to the bottom left of the greetings.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Red Gelatos set (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamps (link)
- Artful Collection Stamps (link)
- Acrylic blocks (link)
- VersaMark™ ink pad (link)
- White detail embossing powder (link)
- Heat embossing tool (link)
- Almanac Journaling Note Cards (link)
- Lace Ribbon Set (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Cosmetic sponges
- Baby wipes
- Water spritzer