Designer Tip: I used the water brush to create the watercolor look on my flowers.
- Cut 6 1/2”x5” of the roses Color Me™ paper, with the roses in the bottom left corner. Scribble the Red Cherry Gelato onto a large acrylic block. Fill your water brush with water using the instructions on the package. Use the brush to pick up some color from the block. Fill in the centers of the flowers with a deeper shade of pink, getting lighter towards the edges. Make darker strokes start from the center going outward, as shown.
- Cut out the rose tag and rose label from the tags & labels Color Me™ sheet, leaving a 1/8” border around the outside. Color the roses in the same way as the large ones. Color just the 1/8” outside border of the rose label. Wipe off the acrylic block and scribble on it with the Green Tea Gelato. Rinse out your brush in the water cup and pick up some green color. Paint in the leaves as shown. Paint the whole background of the tag with pale green, and the same with the inside shape of the label. Clean off the acrylic block and scribble on some Guava Gelato. Paint the dotted portion of the label and let dry.
- Take the Guava Gelato and scribble all over the background. Fold your cosmetic sponge in half (to make it more compact) and rub all over the background in a small circular motion, getting the Gelato into all the cracks. Take a baby wipe and gently wipe the color off of the embossed areas, and smooth out the color of the background.
- Stamp “With Love” on the tag and foam tape to the card. Zot™ a green dot bow to the top of the tag.
- For the inside: Stamp “Happy Birthday” in the center of the label and glue to center. Zot™ a bow to the bottom right of the label.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Gelatos: green set (link) & red set (link)
- Color Me™ #2 Paper Pack (link)
- Nature’s Watercolors Ribbon Set (link)
- Labels & Frames Stamps (link)
- acrylic block (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Faber Castell Deluxe Water Brush (link)
- Plastic lid or craft sheet
- Foam tape (link)
- 6 1/2”x5” blank white card (link)
- Cosmetic sponges
- Cup with water
- Baby wipes