Designer Tip: Sponging a different ink color on the monoprinted paper creates a different look. I used toffee to soften the red and pink.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold top. Cover with black cardstock. Glue a 6 1/4”x4 3/4” Lacy scalloped circle paper centered on the card. Roll the heart stamper across the top and bottom edges.
- Mat a 5 1/4”x3 3/4” vertical stripe on black with 1/16” borders and glue centered on the card. Use the long label die cut as a template and cut out a red label. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Insert a black brad at each end and foam tape centered on the card.
- For the monoprinting technique: Cut two pieces of glossy cardstock 1” larger than your desired paper size. Ink up both sides of the sleeve (take a sheet protector and cut so it will open like a book) with rouge ink. Close the sleeve and press down to be sure the ink is spread out with bubbles. Place both pieces of glossy cardstock back to back and place inside the sleeve and use your fingers to press the ink onto the paper. Turn it over and do the same on the other side. Color another sheet with Warm red ink. Set aside to dry completely.
- Use the heart die cut shape to trace and cut out one pink heart and two red hearts (one for inside) from the monoprinted paper. Use a cosmetic sponge to apply toffee ink to the hearts. Stamp “You’re in my heart” on the pink heart.
- Glue the red heart to the left side of the label, then foam tape the die cut shape to the center. Foam tape the pink heart to the right. Zot a pink bow to the pink heart.
- Inside the card: Cover the card with black cardstock. Glue a 6 1/4”x4 3/4” Lacy scalloped circle paper centered on the card. Mat a 6 1/2”x1 3/4” vertical stripe on black with 1/16” borders and glue 1” from the top.
- Zot a heart die cut just to the left of the card center. Stamp “You make me smile” on the red heart and foam tape just to the right of center.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Lacy paper pack (link)
- Lacy ribbons (link)
- Chalk ink – rouge (link), warm red (link), toffee (link)
- Xoxo Doodler stamp (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings stamp set (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Black StazOn® ink (link)
- Acrylic die cut shapes (link)
- Black mini brads (link)
- Blank white 5”x6 1/2” card (link)
- Black and White cardstock (link)
- White glossy cardstock (link)
- Monoprinting Book (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- sheet protector