Designer Tip: Use a heat tool to melt the sleeve slightly and create wrinkles for a different look.
- For the monoprinting technique: Cut two pieces of glossy cardstock 1” larger than your desired paper size. Before inking the sleeve, use the heat tool to create wrinkles in the plastic. Don't overheat. Ink up both sides of the sleeve with Toffee ink. Close the sleeve and press down to be sure the ink is spread out with bubbles and creases. With both pieces of glossy cardstock back to back, place inside the sleeve and use your fingers to press the ink onto the paper. Turn it over and do the same on the other side. Set aside to dry completely.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold top. Cover with the monoprinted paper. Use the double dash roller to roll two lines vertically and two horizontally, as shown.
- Use the small butterfly die cut shape to cut out nine butterflies from different papers. Ink the edges and glue inside each square except the center. Reserve one for the inside.
- Stamp “It's nice to have…” on the label shape, ink the edges, and Zot⎢ to the center of the card. Zot⎢ a green bow at the bottom.
- Inside the card: Glue a 6 1/2”x2” vertical stripe at the top. Glue a 6 1/2”x3” green at the bottom. Use the large butterfly die cut to trace and cut out a pink butterfly. Ink the edges and glue to the right of the card. Use the dash roller to create a butterfly trail across the card to the large butterfly.
- Cut a 2 3/4” square from the monoprinted paper and use the double dash roller on the edges to create a frame. Mat with blue gingham paper with 1/8” borders. Glue centered on the card.
- Stamp “It's Your Day” on the large butterfly die cut and ink the edges. Glue centered on the square. Glue the other small butterfly to the left of the square.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Sew Cute Paper Pack (link)
- Sew Cute ribbons (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Toffee Chalk ink (link)
- StazOn®Black inkpad (link)
- Dash (link) & double dash roller stamps
- Acrylic die cut shapes (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- White glossy cardstock (link)
- Monoprinting Book (link)
- Sheet protector or Sleeve
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Heat tool (link)
- Cosmetic sponge