Designer Tip: Heat the embossing powder from underneath the paper to avoid blowing off the fragments. Fragments may also be sprinkled on the embossing powder immediately after it is heated.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on top. Cover the card with Steampunk block paper. Cut a 5 3/4”x4 1/4” Steampunk paper with the design in the lower left corner. Mat on black cardstock with 1/8” borders. Emboss the large clock 1/4” from the bottom and 1/2” from the right. Sponge Versamark™ on all four corners and sprinkle embossing powder. Mix the fragments together and sprinkle on top of the embossing powder. Heat from under the paper to set. Glue centered on the card.
- Emboss the letter “B” with Versamark™ ink and gold embossing powder. Sprinkle on the Tea Stained fragments immediately after heating so they will stick. Cover with Crystal Lacquer and set aside to dry completely.
- Emboss “Happy Birthday” on black cardstock and use the template to trace and cut out the label. Apply Versamark™ ink to the edges of the label and emboss with gold. Glue black ribbon across the card 1” from the bottom and glue the label over the top 1/2” from the bottom and 1/4” from the right. Foam tape the “B” to the left.
- Inside the card: Cover the card with Steampunk paper with the clock in the lower left. Emboss the clock in the upper right as shown and sponge Versamark™ on the corners. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder and fragments and heat from underneath.
- Stamp and emboss “It’s nice to have…” on black and cut out the label shape. Emboss the edges with gold.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Steampunk paper pack (link)
- Steampunk ribbons (link)
- Versamark™ ink pad (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Timeless stamp set (link)
- Layered Labels template (link)
- Monogram Letters (link)
- Fran•táge Aged Gold Embossing powers (link)
- Fran•táge Mica Tea Stained & Gilded Fragments (link)
- Crystal Lacquer (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” card (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Heat tool (link)
- Sanding block