Designer Tip: With a wet paintbrush, swipe the brush on the lead of the colored pencil to apply more concentrated color on some areas of your paper.
- Start with the Ebony Color Me™ all over floral paper as your background and cut to 11 3/4” square.
- From the green pencil set use #168 to color the leaves and #104 to color the leaf edges. Blend the colors on the leaves with a wet paintbrush. Use a wet paintbrush to paint the center of the leaves with pencil color #155 (per designer tip). Let dry.
- From the yellow pencil set use #105 to color the flower centers and bud bases. Use a wet paintbrush to smooth the coloring. Use a wet paintbrush to paint the center of the flowers with pencil color #111 (per designer tip). Use #250 to color the stems. Smooth with a wet paintbrush. Let dry. Mat on a 12”x12” black cardstock.
- Mat a 5”x6” photo on suede with a 1/8” border then on white with a 1/16” border and on suede again with a 1/4” border. Glue in the center. Run two lengths of ribbon across the page as shown and Zot™ in place, tucking ends behind the paper.
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp the leaf cluster on vellum five times and the single leaf three times. Cover with black embossing powder and heat to set. Color and paint the leaves with the pencils, as in step-2. Cut out each image close to embossing. Apply Stickles™ to leaf centers and let dry.
- Cut out the square Color Me™ label, close to the small heart/scroll border. Color the inner border with pencil #168, the hearts with #111 and the flower/leaf cluster the same as in step-3. Smooth with a wet paintbrush. Let dry.
- Journal the title, names and date on the label and foam tape over the vellum leaves and Zot™ the leaves in place, as shown. Add Stickles™ to the label and Zot™ a small bow on the corner.