Designer Tip: For a metallic 3-D look, cover an embossed piece with VersaMark™, then heat emboss the piece with metallic embossing powder. The result is striking! Make sure to use cardstock, not lightweight paper, when using the embossing folders. To get a crisper embossed design, spray each side of the cardstock lightly with water before inserting into the embossing folder.
- Place the card with the fold on the top. Trim card to 5 5/8”x4 1/8”. Cover the card front with brown cardstock.
- Cut 3 pieces of cream cardstock the size of the flowers embossing folder. Spray both sides of the first piece with water, then place inside the embossing folder and close the folder. Place the folder on the embossing platform of the Epic 6 (link) and cover with the flexible cutting mat. Roll this through the machine. Remove the embossed cardstock. Repeat with the other two pieces.
- Take one of the embossed pieces and tap the Dark Brown ink pad lightly all over the cardstock. Flip over to the other side and do the same. If the inkpad is too inky and fills in too much of the design, you can use a cosmetic sponge to ink lightly, concentrating on the raised areas. Trim two of the cardstock rectangles to 5 1/2”x4”.
- Take the inked rectangle and place it horizontal. Make a cut between the second and third columns of flowers and between the fourth and fifth columns, resulting in three columns. Flip the side pieces over to reveal the reverse inked side. Glue all three pieces to the card as shown.
- Cut 1 1/2” off of the long side of the non-inked embossed cardstock and glue across the bottom of the card front as shown. Use Zips™ adhesive lines to glue a length of brown/cream stitched ribbon across the top of the cream embossed cardstock strip.
- Stamp “Thinking of You” with VersaMark™ on cream cardstock and heat emboss with copper embossing powder. Punch out the greeting using the fancy square punch. Mat on brown cardstock leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape the greeting to the card 1/2” from the bottom and 1 1/4” from the right. Tie a small bow and Zot™ it to the bottom right of the greeting as shown.
- For the inside: Make 2 embossed rectangles, 1 from brown cardstock and 1 from cream cardstock, using the same embossing folder. Cut each to 5 5/8”x4 1/8”. Cut 2 1/4” off of the brown piece. Glue the cream piece to the inside of the card. Glue the brown piece over it, flush with the left and bottom edges.
- Cut 4 1/4”x1 3/4” of brown cardstock and run through the machine in the flowers embossing folder. Use a cosmetic sponge to dab VersaMark™ all over the strip on the side with the raised flowers. Pour on copper embossing powder and emboss with a heat tool. Cut to 1 1/4”x4”. Cut a notch in the right and left end of the copper shape and glue to card 1/4” from the right and 1 1/2” from the bottom. Punch a fancy square out of cream cardstock and emboss “You make me smile” on it in copper. Mat on brown cardstock with a 1/16” border. Glue to the center of the copper piece as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Springtime embossing folders (link)
- Epic 6 machine or other die-cutting/embossing tool (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamps (link)
- Confetti Ribbon Set (link)
- 12”x12” Classic Cardstock (link)
- 6 1/2”x5” blank white card (link)
- Dark Brown fluid chalk ink pad (link)
- VersaMark™ ink pad (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Heat embossing tool (link)
- 1 3/4” fancy square punch (link)
- Brown cardstock (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Small Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Zips™ adhesive lines (link)
- Spray bottle with water
- Foam tape (link)