Designer Tip: Use colored cardstock with a white (or contrasting) core to do the sanding technique. After running the cardstock through the Epic 6 inside the embossing folder, take it out and sand on the colored side until you see some of the white core showing through.
- Start with a piece of burgundy cardstock the size of the scrollworks embossing folder. Insert the cardstock into the folder with the colored side facing the recessed flourishes (not raised), close it, and roll through the Epic 6 machine in between the embossing platform and flexible cutting mat. Remove the cardstock.
- Trim the piece just along the border. Sand down the raised flourishes on the colored side with a sanding block until you get your desired look. Position your card with the fold on the left. Glue the piece to the card front leaving a 1/8” space along the top and left. Trim the card so there is a 1/8” white border around the whole embossed piece.
- Ink a rubber brayer by rolling it gently on the maroon ink pad until it is covered evenly in ink. Open the greetings embossing folder and roll the ink over the “Thank You” that is raised (it will look backwards on the inside of the folder). Place 5”x2” of white cardstock over the “Thank You” before closing the folder. Roll the folder through the Epic machine between the embossing platform and the flexible cutting mat.
- Remove the cardstock to reveal the printed greeting. Trim around the greeting, leaving a thin maroon border. Glue 5”x1 1/4” of gold metallic paper across the card 1 3/4” from the top. Glue the greeting to the center of the gold strip. Place three gold nailheads on each side of the greeting as shown.
- For the inside: Use the embossing folder to emboss 4 1/2”x6” of the same burgundy cardstock, this time with the red side facing the raised scrolls. Sand the red side until you get the desired results. Glue 4 1/4”x3 1/8” gold metallic paper across the center. Cut the scrolls to 4 1/4”x2 3/4” and glue to center. Print “You’re so kind” on a 4 1/4”x3/4” piece of white cardstock and glue to center as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Scrollworks embossing folder (link)
- Greetings embossing folder (link)
- Heritage 8”x8” cardstock (link)
- Gold metallic paper (link)
- Gold 5mm nailheads (link)
- Epic 6 machine or other die-cutting/embossing tool (link)
- Rubber brayer (link)
- Maroon Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Sanding block (link)