Designer Tip: Emboss on fabric. You can also use ink to color fabric BEFORE embossing to customize fabric color. A solid color of fabric works best when embossing a small print. The embossed image will get lost on a heavily printed fabric.
- Cut a 3”x4” piece of scrap cardstock. Use the foam brush to apply a thin layer of Tacky Craft Glue to the surface of the cardstock. Smooth fabric over cardstock, removing any wrinkles. Let dry for 1 hour. Trace the 2 3/4”x4” label pattern onto the back of the cardstock. Cut out and place on the flower portion of the embossing folder. Follow machine instructions to emboss. Use the brayer to apply brown ink to the embossed flowers.
- Cut the card to 5”x5 3/4” and cover with blue cardstock. Cut the glimmer paper to 4 1/8”x 5 5/8” and emboss using the entire folder. Glue a strip of white cardstock behind the cutaway portion and glue to the left side of the card. Emboss the border only onto a 3/4”x5 3/4” strip of white cardstock. Glue to the right side of the card.
- Foam tape the label to the bronze portion of the card. Trace flower shape 1D onto white cardstock and 2D onto bronze. Emboss both. Apply brown ink around the edges of the white flower. Punch a hole at the center of each. Layer and secure with a brad. Foam tape flowers to the center of the label. Place the Dazzles greeting below label.
- Inside: Emboss a 2” square of bronze glimmer paper with the flower imager. Glue to the top center of the card. Emboss blue cardstock with the flower print. Bray flowers brown. Ink edges. Place a Dazzles greeting across label. Glue the label to the bottom edge of the glimmer square.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- 20 Blossoms Template (link)
- 15 Lovely Labels Template (link)
- Bronze Glimmer Paper (link)
- Silver Greetings Dazzles (link)
- 8x8 Heritage Cardstock-blue and white (link)
- White Round Brads (link)
- Epic 6 Die Machine (link)
- Flowers Cutting & Embossing Folder (link)
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink
- Brayer (link)
- 1/8” wide hole punch (link)
- Tacky Craft Glue (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Foam paintbrush
- Medium blue fabric-to match cardstock