Designer Tip: Back your patterned paper on cardstock before using the embossing powders, for less chance of buckling during the heating process.
- Glue a 6”x4 1/2” hexagon paper onto a 6”x4 1/2” black cardstock. Use VersaMark™ to stamp and emboss the fern image in white, three times at the lower left, and three times at the upper right, as shown. Use VersaMark™ to stamp over each fern image again and dust with Detail Capri embossing powder (glitter) on the centers, Aged Teal embossing powder on the lower edges and the mica and color fragments.
- Stamp and emboss “You are one of a kind” in white on a 5 1/2” square of vellum, 1 1/2” from the lower edge. Tear the left and right edges at an angle, keeping the sentiment centered at the bottom. Tear the edges of another 5 1/2” square of vellum, the same as the first. Place the vellum pieces on top of each other and place on your piece, as shown, folding the ends under your piece. Tie a length of ribbon around the vellum, even with the lower edge. Mat your piece on black cardstock with a 1/16” border.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover with silver linen paper and foam tape your piece on center.
- For the inside: Glue a 4 1/4”x3 1/2” grey paper onto a 4 1/4”x3 1/2” grey paper. Stamp and emboss the fern image in white, three times at the upper left, as shown. Stamp and emboss the fern image in Sky Blue embossing powder, between the white ferns. Mat on black with a 1/16” border.
- Stamp and emboss “My kind” in white on a 4”x3” vellum, 3/4” from the lower right corner. Tear the vellum at an angle place at the lower right corner of your piece and fold and glue the edges under your piece. Glue 1/8” from the upper left corner.