Designer Tip: Hold your buttons in place with a skewer while heating the embossing powder with the heat gun, to keep from blowing them away.
- Use your pennant to trace a pennant shape on stripe paper. Remove the pennant and cut out the shape 1/4” outside of the traced edges except the edge with the holes. Mat the paper on white cardstock with a 1/16” border on all edges except the edge with the holes. Set aside.
- Place your pennant with the holes at the top. Cut a 4”x12” blue tag paper and tear into 5 horizontal strips of about 2 1/2” wide. Layer and glue the strips onto your pennant, trimming paper even with pennant edges. VersaMark™ the pennant edges, dust with Detail Capri embossing powder (glitter) and heat to set with the heat gun.
- Mat a 2 1/4”x1 3/4” photo on white with a 1/16” border and stamp the scroll border along the left edge with brown StazOn®. Glue on center 1 1/2” from the upper edge of the pennant.
- Unravel a 15” length of twine and lay flat. Swipe one side of the flattened twine with VersaMark™, dust with Golden Sand, Aged Copper and Detail Capri embossing powders and heat set carefully (do not burn the paper twine). Cut the twine into the following lengths: 1 1/2”, 5 1/2” and 8”. Wrap the 1 1/2” length of twine around the center of the 5 1/2” length and Zot™ in place at the top of the pennant, gluing the ends to the back at the right and left edges. Foam tape the pennant even with the upper edge of the striped matted pennant, with the 8” length of twine folded and glue under the blue tag pennant.
- Stamp “Happy”, a small flower and a flower/scroll on white cardstock with VersaMark™. Dust with Sky Blue embossing powder on the center area, Detail Capri (glitter) on the top and Vintage Mahogany (tinsel) on the bottom. Heat to set. Cut out each image with a 1/16” border and foam tape in place, as shown.
- Apply VersaMark™ to the tops of 10-12 buttons (of various sizes) and dust with various Encrusted Jewel Kit elements. Heat to set and Zot™ in place at the top of the twine border.