Designer Tip:When using Encrusted Jewels along a paper edge, it can be helpful to use an embossing pad with the embossing powder to keep it from blowing away while using heat gun under the paper and along the edge.
When adding Encrusted Jewels to the edge of a photo, use caution not to overheat the underside of the photo or it will warp and crack the surface of the photo. Never us an original, one of a kind photo.
- Cut the flower border paper to 11 1/2” square. Place the flower border on the left and tear from the top to bottom, around the flowers. Ink the torn edge. Use Versamark™ around the straight edges and sprinkle with embossing powders included in the kit. Mix small amounts of the other Encrusted Jewels ingredients together and sprinkle on top of the embossing powder. Heat mix from the bottom of the paper to keep the larger chunky jewels from blowing away. Repeat at centers of larger flowers.
- Use Versamark™ at the top and bottom right corners on the red swirl paper. Sprinkle with embossing powder and then mixture of Jewels. Heat from the bottom until melted together. Glue the torn paper flower border to the left side of the page.
- Sand the edges of 5”x7” photo and apply a small amount of Jewels to the top left photo corner. Mat with black cardstock, leaving 1/8” border and glue, at angle to the page center.
- Stamped and Encrusted Flowers: Use black ink to stamp swirls at the bottom right corner, between photo and Encrusted Jewel page corner. Stamp a large flower on remaining blue paper from flower border and a medium flower on yellow floral paper. (Do not cut from paper until after heating so you don’t burn our fingers with heat gun). Use a small paintbrush to apply Versamark™ to the flower centers and sprinkle embossing powder and jewels to the centers. Use the brush to manipulate the dry ingredients and sweet away the center of the large blue flower. Heat Jewels from the bottom of the papers and then cut out. Foam tape to the bottom right corner.
- Ribbon: Cut two 3” lengths of 3/4” wide black ribbon and tie with a 1/2” length of blue swirl organdy ribbon. Cut the ends of the all of the ribbons into 3rds. Use fingernails to shred cut ends and glue knot under the blue flower.
- Numbers: Use the stamp pad surface on each number surface. Sprinkle with Embossing powder and Jewel mixture. To project fingers from burning, place a number on the ends of slightly opened scissors. Hold scissor handles while heating with gun. Foam tape numbers extending from under the stamped flowers.
- Write or print on yellow floral paper and cut into thin strips. Ink edges and glue and foam tape to the right of the photo.