Designer Tip: Don’t get too close to your piece with the heat gun, or the paints will crackle (though the crackle effect can also be a great look on another project).
- Cut a 6”x4 1/2” cardstock and place on your craft sheet. Follow steps 1-4 from the Precious Stone instruction sheet to paint the cardstock and use the heat gun to quicken the drying process of the pooled paints. Repeat the process to create the same stone look on two 2 1/4”x4 1/4” cardstock pieces, but use a lighter paint application on one piece.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover with black suede paper. Glue the large turquoise piece on center.
- Stamp a feather twice on the left edge of a 3”x4 1/2” acetate, as shown. Zot™ the acetate even with the left edge of the turquoise piece. Place two rows of thin line Dazzles™ 1/16” from the top and bottom of the turquoise edges, as shown.
- Stamp a feather on the lighter small turquoise piece. Cut out around the feather (save the rest for stamping the sentiments) and wrap a length of memory thread around the feather stem. Foam tape in place (as shown), coil the ends of the thread below and Zot™ or glue in place. Stamp “Flaunt what you’ve got” on a 1 3/8”x3/8” light turquoise piece. Mat on black with a 1/16” border and foam tape over the feather, as shown.
- For the inside: Stamp a feather on the lower left of the darker small turquoise piece, mat on black with a 1/4” border and glue 1/8” from the left edge. Place border Dazzles™ as shown.
- Stamp “Stylin” on a 3/4”x5/8” saved light turquoise piece. Stamp part of a feather on the lower left corner. Mat on black with a 1/16” border and foam tape over two small lengths of memory thread. Coil the ends of the thread as shown and Zot™ or glue in place.