Designer Tip: Digital Stamps allow you to manipulate the image, flipping, enlarging or decreasing the size. You can even change the colors.
For the Bare Metal Paint, using matt cardstock will give you a different look that glossy cardstock, as the paint is absorbed for rich color. I added sea salt to the paint while still wet for added texture and some crystallization of paint. Let dry and dust off lose salt crystals.
- Place 5 3/4”x4 1/4” white cardstock on covered surface and use paintbrush to spatter Soft Pewter paint over the surface. Mist heavily with Sterling Glimmer Mist and while still set mist with Iron Chalkboard heavily in select areas of the rectangle. Repeat with the Decadence and sprinkle sea salt into the puddles being formed. Use heat gun to move pools of paint around as it dries. Mist rectangle lightly with Pewter Glaze. Let dry.
- Place the card fold at the top. Cover the card with brown textured paper. Mat the painted rectangle with black cardstock, leaving 1/8” border and glue to the card center. Use Digital Stamp Software to print two 7” long Gears border onto striped paper tear one long edge and cut to 7”x1” wide. Ink torn edge and glue one across card bottom, trimming to fit. Save the second border for the inside.
- Print the Pocket Watch digital image onto both brown and gray textured papers. Cut out the brown watch and cut out the center circle with gears from the gray watch. Foam tape the gray circle over the brown watch. Glue the watch to the left side of card, extending from under the border. Enlarge word “Fly,” to 1 3/4” long and add a drop shadow effect, print onto both brown and gray papers. Tear into 2”x1” 1/4” rectangle and ink edges. Foam tape the brown word to the top right corner. (Save the gray word for inside) Use paintbrush to spatter card lightly with Soft Pewter paint.
- Place 2 Metal Butterflies on covered surface and mist with Iron Chalkboard paint. Let dry. Bend wings and Zotä to the lower right side of the card. Place 3 tiny Jewel Dazzles™ at the center of each body.
- Inside: Cover the card inside back with gray paper. Glue the border across the card bottom edge. Flip the image of the typewriter to face left and enlarge to 2 1/2” wide. Print onto brown paper and again on white. Cut the typewriter painter and gears out from white paper and glue over the brown image. Cut out the brown typewrite and glue above the right side of the border.
- Mat the gray “Fly” with black cardstock, leaving a 1/4” border and glue to the top left inside card back. Enlarge “Dream to 2” long and print onto brown paper. Tear to 2 1/2”x1 1/4” and ink edges. Glue at an angle under the first word. Mist card back lightly with both Iron and Decadence Chalkboards and let dry.