Designer Tips: Create a lace border and mat using the piercing tool and Piercing Template. Add an elegant edge to the folded bow by using the template and piercing tool and scissors.
- Cut 1” slit into fold of card and fold up the front. Trim flap to ¾“.
- Cover front of the card with burgundy leaf paper and tuck under the folded flap.
- Draw a line with a pencil on a strip of pergamano paper. Lay the template over the foam pad and paper over the template. Pierce through the paper and template to create the pattern. Cut closely along the scalloped edge to make the lace border.
- Glue the strip to the edge of the folded flap. Trim ¾ “ strip of burgundy texture paper and ink the edges. Glue over the flap. Glue flap in place.
- Trim 2x5“ piece of burgundy texture paper and ink the edges. Glue to the bottom of the inside of the card.
- Cut out label and print greeting. Ink the edges and foam tape to the burgundy strip inside the card.
- Cut out flower art and ink the edges. Use the piercing tool to add texture to the art. Outline parts of the mat, flower and leaves.
- Lay the art onto a piece of pergamano paper and trace around the edge with a pencil. Use the pencil line as a guide to frame the edge with the piercing tool and template.
- Closely cut around the pierced mat. Glue the mat behind the art and glue to the center of the leaf paper.
- To create the bow with the pierced edge, pierce around the shape of the template. Each hole should be close together.
- When the pergamano paper is still on the foam pad, place the tips of the scissors into the holes, two at a time. Work with the handles of the scissors towards you and the tips of the scissors to the outer edge of the holes. This will create the peaks and the edge. If the scissors are to the inner edge (the center of the bow) the peaks will go in and the desired look will end up on the cut away part of the paper.
- Fold the bow as directed on the template and Zots™ to the folded flap border.