Designer Tip: The Fern Fronds DecoEmboss die looks great with the greens in the Weathered Copper Patina ink set. I like the look of mixing different shades of green on the pendant.
- Open the Fern Fronds die and place the pendant over the raised large fern, near the top of the fern. Close the die and run through your Epic 6 machine between the embossing platform and cutting mat. Remove the pendant.
- Squeeze a few drops of each of the three colors in the Weathered Copper set of the Patina Inks onto your craft sheet or plastic palette. Dip the paintbrush in one of the colors and start dabbing the ink onto the front of the pendant. Rinse the paintbrush and repeat with another color. Repeat with the third color. Let dry.
- Use the Vintaj® reliefing block to sand down the raised fern design and expose the polished brass. Apply a thin coat of Crystal Lacquer with a paintbrush to protect the pendant and add shine. Let dry. Open a brass jump ring and attach it to the black satin cord and the hole in the top of the pendant. Close the jump ring.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Vintaj® large round pendants (link)
- Vintaj® brass jump rings (link)
- Vintaj® Fern Fronds DecoEmboss die (link)
- Weathered Copper Patina Inks (link)
- Epic 6 or other die-cutting/embossing machine (link)
- Black satin cords (link)
- Crop-A-Dile punch (link)
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer (link)
- Flat paintbrush
- Water in a cup
- Craft sheet or plastic lid/palette (link)
- Pliers (link)