Designer Tip: The DecoEtch die presses outline designs into the brass. Sand with a reliefing block to reveal images on the brass. Sanding the back creates nice outline images too.
- Place the large round pendant on the foam side of the die, over the dragonfly. Run this through the Epic 6 machine, between the embossing platform and the cutting mat, with the foam facing up towards the cutting mat. Remove the pendant and sand both sides with the reliefing block until you are satisfied with the image.
- Open a jump ring and attach it to the black satin cord. Close the ring. Add 2 more rings, attaching the large pendant to the last ring. Close the ring with pliers.
- Make a small mark at the bottom of the pendant, opposite the hole. Make a mark 3/8” to the right and another 3/8” to the left of the first mark. Punch a 1/8” hole on all 3 marks using the Crop-A-Dile.
- Use the Typewriter die to make 3 small square pendants spelling out the word “joy.” Open 3 jump rings and place them in the three bottom holes of the large pendant. Attach the 3 letters to spell out “joy.”
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Vintaj® large round pendants (link)
- Vintaj® small square pendants (link)
- Vintaj® brass jump rings (link)
- Vintaj® Fluttering Wings DecoEtch die (link)
- Vintaj® Lowercase Typewriter die (link)
- Vintaj® reliefing block (link)
- Epic 6 or other die-cutting/embossing machine (link)
- Black satin cords (link)
- Crop-A-Dile punch (link)
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer (link)
- Flat paintbrush
- Pliers (link)