Designer Tips: I created this Zentangle heart using a template for the shape, then painted in some of the detail with Smooch inks for a fun look. This makes a great card focal, or would be pretty on an album cover or scrapbook page too.
- With the card fold at the left, cover the card front with black cardstock, trimming edges evenly. Ink the edges of a 4¼”x5¾” teal dotted rectangle, then mat on pink/white dotted paper leaving a 1/16” border. Ink the edges. Mat on orange textured paper, leaving a ¼” border. Glue centered to the black card front. Glue ribbon across the center of the card front, trimming edges evenly.
- Use the template to trace an F1 Folk Heart shape onto light aqua dotted paper with the black pen, then cut it out. Mat on dark pink cardstock, leaving a 3/16” border. Mat on black, leaving a thin border. Glue centered to the card front, overlapping the ribbon.
- Use a pencil to draw “strings” within the light aqua heart, to divide it into sections. Use the black pen to draw tangles in each section. Paint in some of the detail with Smooch inks as desired.
- Ink “Hello” sticker with black StazOn ink and let dry, then repeat if needed for coverage. Cut a small tag shape from aqua dotted paper and ink the edges. Mat on dark pink, and ink edges. Cut a small black rectangle and glue to the end for a tab. Add the inked word to the tag and glue to the lower right card front as shown.
- Mat a 3” x 3 ½” teal dotted rectangle on black, leaving a thin border. Write or computer print “Have a wonderful day!” on orange, trim to a rectangle, and glue across the teal rectangle, ¼” from the bottom. Glue the rectangle centered to the inside. Trace an F3 heart shape onto light aqua dotted paper with the black pen and cut it out. Use a pencil to divide the heart into two sections, then draw in the tangles with the black pen. Paint in some of the detail with Smooch inks. Mat on dark pink, leaving a 1/16” border. Ink edges and glue to the teal rectangle as shown. Trace an F4 Folk heart onto orange textured paper and an F5 Folk heart onto pink/white dotted paper. Ink edges of each and layer over the Zentangle heart as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Serendipity Paper Pack (link)
- Vintage Roses Ribbons (link)
- Black Precision pen (link)
- Zentangle 4 Book (link)
- Smooch ink colors: green apple, sweet melon, sassy pink, pool, lettuce
- 25 Hearts Template (link)
- Jet black StazOn ink pad (link)
- Greetings Dazzles, gold or silver (link)
- 5x6 ½” blank white card (link)
- Solid Cardstocks: black, dark pink
- Font: Fineliner Script