- For the card front: With the fold on the left, cut a piece of black paper to cover the card front, but don’t glue it yet. Cut a 4 3/4” x 6 1/4” piece of red patterned paper and glue it centered on the black piece.
- Use the template to draw the decorative mat on white paper for a pattern, using the smallest parenthesis shape. Draw one side of the parenthesis, using the grid lines on the template to make sure they all align. (Or download the pattern I made.) Trace the pattern onto the back of the light green patterned paper and cut it out. Mat it on black.
- To size the sentiments, open the Cardmaker’s Christmas Quotes on the CD and find the appropriate quotes. Use your ‘select’ tool to drag a line around each quote (do them one at a time) and copy it. Paste it into a Word document. Select the quote and resize it by clicking on a corner and dragging it upward until reaching the size you need (use the rulers in your document as a guide). The front quote is 2 1/2” square when trimmed and the inside quote is 4” x 3 3/4”.
- Print out the quotes on white, trim them and ink the edges. Glue the “warm wishes…” quote in the center of the matted shape, then glue the shape to the front, positioned as shown.
- Thread the buckle slide onto the ribbon and knot the end. Position it to extend from the lower left, part way across the card and glue in place. Wrap the left end to the back and glue to secure. Glue the constructed card front to the blank card.
- Use the light green chalk to rub highlights onto the felt holly pieces. Use the coral to highlight the berries, rubbing the chalk into the fabric. Glue the berries to the holly, then glue one holly sprig to the upper right of the sentiment on the front as shown.
- For the inside: Cut a 4 3/4” x 6 1/4” piece of the light green patterned paper and ink the edges. Glue it centered on the inside back. Mat the inked sentiment on red and ink the edges. Glue the sentiment centered on the green piece.
- Trace the 4 1/4” parenthesis onto the black paper and cut it out. Glue it along the left edge of the sentiment. Glue the remaining chalked holly leaves and berries to the upper right corner of the sentiment.