- For the card front: With the fold on the left, cut the card to 4” x 6 1/2”. Cover the front with tan linen textured paper and ink the edges.
- Trace and cut the patterns for the “patches.” Cut the top and bottom patches from the dark red damask paper, and the center patch from the green/red floral. Ink all the edges. Use the template and pen to make stitches around the edges of all the patches. Glue the patches equally spaced on the card front.
- Cut a 6 1/2” length of the lacy border, ink the edges, and mat it on dark red textured paper. Glue it 1/2” from the left edge of the card front. Rub the ink pad over a red embossed brad. Before it dries, lightly rub some of the ink off so it looks antiqued.
- Stack three poinsettias: a 1 1/4” burgundy on a 2” cream, then both on a 2 1/2” burgundy poinsettia. Secure the stack with the antiqued brad, then attach the flowers to the border at the upper left using a glue dot.
- To size the sentiment, open the Cardmaker’s Christmas Quotes on the CD and find the appropriate quotes. Use your ‘select’ tool to drag a line around each quote (do them one at a time) and copy it. Paste it into a Word document. Select the quote and resize it by clicking on a corner and dragging it upward until reaching the size you need (use the rulers in your document as a guide). The front quote is 2” x 1 1/2” when trimmed. The inside quote is trimmed out to 3 3/8” x 1 7/8”. Print both onto the tan linen textured paper.
- Trim the quote for the front, ink the edges, and add stitches around the edge, using the template as a guide. Use the pen to make tiny stitches around the letters in “Christmas.” Mat the sentiment on dark red and add foam tape to the back. Adhere it to the front as shown.
- For the inside: Cut the inside patch pattern from green/burgundy floral, ink the edges, and mat it on dark red. Add a piece of the lacy border near the left edge and trim the ends even with the mat edges. Ink all the edges and glue the patch centered vertically on the inside back, close to the fold.
- Trim the “Merry Christmas” sentiment and ink the edges. Use the pen and template to add stitches around the edge. Add tiny stitches around the outer edges of the holly leaves and to make the center veins. Add a mini red brad as a berry near each set of leaves. Mat the sentiment on dark red, ink the edges and glue it across the center patch as shown.