Tip: Two in one—a card that becomes a gift. Or replace the gift card with a decorated tag. Or include both: tuck your tag into the pocket along with the gift card for a “gift in a card.”
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and trim it to 5” square. Cover the card front with black. Cut a 4 3/4” square piece of the red/black dots paper and glue it centered on the black.
- Trace the patterns and cut the pocket and lid from the stripes, positioning the stripes horizontal for the box and vertical for the lid. Make the center fold on the box, then wrap the flaps to the back of the pocket and glue in place. Glue the lid in place, above the pocket opening. Mat the present on black.
- Position the gift Brad Buddy at the lower left on the pocket and secure with the bow brad. Glue the pocket to the card front, 5/8” from the lower edge.
- Stamp “spreading joy & cheer” on red and round the corners. Mat it on black, then add foam tape to the back, just where it extends off the pocket front. Glue in place. Use the red/white sheer dot ribbon to make a shoestring bow and glue it on the lid top. Insert a gift card into the pocket.
- For the inside: Cut a 5” x 3” piece of dots and mat the upper and lower edges on black. Stamp “Merry Christmas” on red and mat it on black. Glue it centered on the dots. Add presents brads near the sentiment, then glue the entire piece centered on the inside back.